Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning Correct Product Version in Solman 7.1 SP12

former_member280874
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Solman 7.1 Expects

We currently on EHP 5 for SAP ERP and want to upgrade to EHP 7. as part of the process, i installed SAP Solution Manager 7.1 and implemeted SP Stack 12. I then ran the Solman_Setup system preperation and Basic configaration.

Problem

In transaction LMBD

i created the Technical system for our DEV system

i also created the product instance (this is were my problem lie )

but when run lanscape verification, it throws the following errors

my question, is there a document that i can follow to assign the correct product instance or version.  We are on EHP5 and NetWeaver 7.02 but im not sure why LMDB connot recognise our product instance. i have read and folllowed suggestions from this link but to no avail. tried diffrent combinations too.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Maintenance+of+Product+in+the+System+Landscape#Maintena...

I would like to fix this so that i can proceed to mopz and download EHP7

please assist

thanks in advance

regards

Steven

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

You can execute below report in SE38 on Solution Manager to sync data from LMDB to SMSY.

RLMDB_SYNC_TECHNICAL_SYSTEM

Resynchronize Technical System Information from SLD - Managing System Landscape Information - SAP Li...

Regards,

V Srinivasan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can confirm for you that a NW 7.02 ECC Ehp5 system does report correctly to a SolMan system; last summer we upgraded from Ehp5 to Ehp7.

Also as you updated to SP12 you are probably getting errors within SMSY as you should be creating a custom logical component based off one of the ones provided by SAP; this is done via the work centers now.

You also stated that you created the systems?  You need the systems to be generated from an SLD system, you can run tx rz70 on the ECC side pointing it at your SolMan and set it back to what you had it before.

former_member280874
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All, i was away from office. i will look at all your recommendations and award points

thanks in advance

regards

Steven

former_member280874
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All, i deleted the LMDB in step 6.2 of System Preperation and created a new one with the same name. allowed it to sync fully.

i then run report in SE38 as suggested by Srinivasan Vinayagam now, im able to continue with the downloads.

thanks all

regards

Steven

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stevan,

In SMSY in System Groups and Logical Components the system need to assign to SAP ERP ENHANCE PACKAGE -> Central Applications.

You changed this to SAP ERP -> SAP ECC Server and  try.

Regards,

V Srinivasan

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

Could you check with SAP Note  1721112 - Product System Verification Messages in the LMDB

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steven

I hope you had migrated the technical systems from SLD and product instance via SMSY.

The problem is there in SMSY

The system assignment to SAP ERP -> SAP ECC Server was not there.

Can you see if there is problem. ?

Regards

Rishav