cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APIs to read/redirect spool data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a newbie as far as the spool topic is concerned and am exploring possibilities of

1)redirecting spool output using ABAP to database tables of my own.

2)Post-process the contents of the spool either after redirecting to own DB tables or directly from the spool(is there a spool API to read/redirect output to somewhere else given the spool request no.?)

3)Create special authorizations on deleting a spool request such that users can be prevented from deleting their own spool requests.

Could anyone please help on one or more of these issues?

Thanks

Anuradha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuradha,

You can look into Function Group SPOX (Spool extended functions) and its documentation to learn about FMs related to spools.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_me21sp2/helpdata/en/cd/a9e63bcd8aed57e10000000a114084/content.htm">Maintaining spool Database</a>

Regards,

Raj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1 & 2) You can use FM 'RSPO_RETURN_ABAP_SPOOLJOB' to get the Spool output into an internal table by only passing the spool number. Then you can update database table by reading the internal table & update appropriate field of the required db table.

3) You can use FM 'RSPO_R_RDELETE_SPOOLREQ' to delete the spool by only passing the spool number. Before passing the FM you can put a check whether sy-uname is equal to owner of spool ( TSP01-RQOWNER ).

Best regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The FM RSPO_RETURN_ABAP_SPOOLJOB helps in my scenario but the other function doesnt quite fit. This is because the requirement is to prevent users from being able to delete own spool requests. This in turn implies that in a maintenance transaction like SP01, there should be a BAdI-like possibility to disallow deletion of spool request based on what authorizations are maintained for a given user. Do you know of any such interface to plug-in a solution other than the customer exit EXIT_SAPLSPOR_001 ??

Thanks again

Anuradha