Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Affect on existing workflow instances after modification

former_member31961
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have modified a workflow in Dev, which is already running in production server.

Changes done to workflow are:

1. Binding changes in some of the tasks

2. Deactivation of escalation

3. Changes in code of business object methods

After i transport these changes to production from development server, i would like to know what is affect of these changes in existing workflow instances. Does it follow Old workflow template route with Old business object method logic?.

Thanks in advance,

Shrinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Shrinivas,

everything Pathanjali wrote is correct. You have to be careful with the BOR changes since these affect the existing workflows. New parameters will not be filled in the old workflows which can lead to errors in their processing. Best is to also create a new version in your development system when you make a major change in the workflow and test with some existing ones of the older versions as well.

Hope this helps,

Gert.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrinivas,

If you see the workflow log, you can find WfVersion and a corresponding number for that.

If you made a new version and transport that to production, the old workflows which are already triggered will follow the old version. Workflows which are triggered after the new version is in production follows the new workflow template.

The workflow template which is followed depends on the version at the time the workflow was triggered.

But coming to the Business Object logic, i think it follows the new code.

Lets wait for the Experts comments..

Regards,

PR.

former_member31961
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

We haven't created new version of the template, also we havent added/deleted workflow steps. We just changed the binding and Removed deadline monitoring in workflow template level.

Thanks,

Shrinivas