Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADD Field in virtual Cube

surajyadavtokas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

i have installed virtual cube 0FIGL_V10 , standard cube 0FIGL_C10 and data came perfectly from virtual cube 0FIGL_V10 ,

Now i need to add one more field ( ZUONR Assignment Field ) in both cubes for reporting. The field is working correct in

standard cube 0FIGL_C10 and the data is fetched correctly but is the same field is not working for the virtual cube 0FIGL_V10. How do I resolve this issue? Please help.

Regards

Suraj Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Geetha_Madhuri_Bobbili
Active Participant
0 Kudos

0FIGL_V10 gets data from 0FIGL_C10 using function module RS_BCT_FIGL_DATA_GET_VC10.

To see that FM (Goto change mode of virtual provider (ZFIGL_V10). click information icon (blue 'i') .. click 'Type/ Namespace'..Then click 'details' button)

You can enhance a VirtualProvider just like you would any other InfoCube. We typically, however, activate the standard content, copy it to a custom name (e.g. ZFIGL_V10) and then enhance it instead of directly enhancing the standard content InfoProvider. You would also have to create a custom version of the RS_BCT_FIGL_DATA_GET Function Module to add the mapping to the VirtualProvider and also the RS_BCT_FIGL_DATA_GET_VC10 which is the actual Function Module called for populating the VirtualProvider. Create the Function Modules first, then when creating the custom VirtualProvider you will use the custom version of RS_BCT_FIGL_DATA_GET_VC10 as the source.

The thing to watch out for in doing this, is the fact that it's virtual and if you add too many InfoObjects or have many sources, queries using this VirtualProvider may suffer performance issues.

surajyadavtokas
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Geeta Madhuri,

Is there any documentation

Regards

Suraj Kumar