cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

997 Formatting and routing to different folders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an EDI 810 to IDoc scenario in our PI system using B2B add-on, and we are generating the 997 acknowledgements.

The requirement is 997 need to be generated into 2 different folders for AS2 and VAN, depending on the condition given by the vendors.

And for some vendors the 997 need to be restricted to 80 char length.

Is this possible? If so, can you please give suggestions on how to achieve this.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Regards,

Anjana.

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anjana,

Regarding the separation of VAN and AS2 for 997-

How many vendors you have in total. what is the condition parameter. is it based on Vendor number - ISA or GS ids?

There are 2 options.

If the number of vendors is less, you can create different EDISeparator sender channels looking for specific vendor numbers for AS2 and VAN, route it appropriately.

or

Have one EDI Sender channel for 997 taking all acks.

just use the ISA or GS id in receiver or interface routing to route to appropriate receiver.

if there are multiple ids you can use or option in your condition editor.

When you want to restrict the length to 80. Which field in the 997.

Regards,

Sudharshan N A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks so much Sudharshan!

I will have to go with the 2nd option in splitting the 997, by giving the receiver routing. Can you please explain how I can have the ISA sender ID in the receiver determination? I m not passing 997 through mapping. If you dont mind can you please explain the steps.

Restricting to 80 is again depending on sender id. Only a few of them need the file restricted to 80.

Thanks,

Anjana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anjana,

Use the converter Module in the EDI Separator Sender Adapter (handling 997). It will convert the 997 into xml. Once you have the xml you can use the ISA receiver id(target vendor id) xpath and use that as condition to route to VAN or AS2 receiver.

you can choose to have a mapping also (997 to 997) if you want to do some additional processing of the FA content - optional.

Again use the converter module in the receiver communication channels to convert the xml to EDI.

The only drawback of this approach is that you have to do conversion twice just for the purpose of routing.

Regards,

Sudharshan N A