cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0DATE is not a number with 000008 spaces

0 Kudos

Hi All,

When I am trying to load the cube I am getting the below error.

Value '201110 ' of characteristic 0DATE is not a number with 000008 spaces

201110 is the Calendar year/moth, date field is not at all there in my records then also it is checking CALMONTH with data.

Please help me.

Thanks & Regards,

vikram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member225306
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This issue is resolved with note: 1340823.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

In your transformation check what is the target field for 0CALMONTH coming from source.

If the target field is of different type then it might give error.

Regards,

Durgesh.

michael_malik
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

it seems like a wrong input by Enduser.

If it is a Delta load you can go to your PSA-table via SE16 and search for this wrong record. Choose the wrong record by double-clicking on it and type /h into the OK-field to start the Debugger. Next, double-click on variable 'CODE' and change the value from 'SHOW' to 'EDIT' (Attention: Values in UPPER CASE). Now you can change the date-field into the correct eight spaces MM/DD/YYYY. At least save your record. Now you can go on with your data load.

Please keep in mind that you have to correct your DataSource data on the same way on ECC-side if it is a Full-Update. If you correct the record only on BW-side you load the wrong record with the next Full-Update again.

Kind regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Check in PSA, if any row has a wrong format for date.

The default format is YYYYMMDD

i think date field is populated in the update rules and may it will blank in the PSA. Correct the logic for the date field and then try to load.

if you are not able to see date field in initial display of PSA table, please click on filter icon or change layout and select required fields

Edited by: Srikanth.T on Nov 17, 2011 12:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya

Please refer to the link below, it might be useful to you :-

Regards

Sunny

0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for replying, my data source is not flat file its from APO and data is not there in the extract structure at all.

Thanks & Regards,

vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

try to check the rotines at transformation levels , if posssible write the rotines