cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOP Operator run resulted in internal error when job schedule but not when run from Excel

robvid
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

We have a set of jobs and they are all having a similar problem when scheduled. The steps where they are failing is the S&OP Heuristic (infinite - SOP). When I look at the log there is no detailed provided (e.g. attachment file) . Below is a screen shot of a recent case. What is strange is that I can make a copy of the same job that failed and run it inmediatelly and the job doesnt fail.

`

Here below is the screen of the same job (ran only 5 minutes after the one the failed) and the details of the second step. This one completed, this step didnt failed and the details in the log Attachement says basically:

1. I;Production source item is not taken into consideration because a production source of supply couldn't be found. There are quite a few lines of this
  2. W;No period weights found for the key figures CONSENSUSDEMAND, INDEPENDENTDEMAND, and FORECAST.;;;;;;;;;;;8024;12/01/2021 18:47:06.3518850. This is the only warning in the whole log.

2 to 3 months ago these jobs were running (without any changes made) without any problems. If it was a MD issues (which it does not show in the log) I would have thought that the job/step was always going to failed until it was fixed.

I will appreciate if you can help me here. I have looked everywhere in our system and in the SAP community.

Thanks in advance for your help

Roberto

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ayanbishnu1981
Active Contributor

Hello robvid

Although it is surprisng that this strange behaviour is, but I am not completely surprised. I have seen such cases few times before. Although the best option would be to raise a OSS with SAP by mentioning the correct CI component from the error log, but here are few things that you can check.1) when this job is failing are thier any parallel jobs of different varient that are scheduled to run within that time frame ? E.g to parallel heusristics using the same S&OP profile but having different Subnetwork? If Yes you need to add a 7 to 10 min delay between those jobs, as the TS objects get locked in many cases.2) Any advanced dissagg operator running in parallel, that touches any of the direct or indirect input / output KF of TS heuristics? If yes please adjust.Let me know if that helps
robvid
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ayan

Thanks for your reply and excellent observation/recommendations

We do have jobs that were running with no gap, that are/were variants with different subnetworks. I will follow your advice and space them.

If there is another job, like a CPI-DS (e.g copying and sending Plan Order to SAP/S4) running at the same time or within a few minutes of each other, could that create a problem as well?. There has been occasions were we had the same failure late at night 22:45 and the only job was a CPI-DS.

I will make the changes and check for your comments and of any other member.

Thanks very much for your advice

Roberto

ayanbishnu1981
Active Contributor

If you have CPI outbound jobs running that is using production receipts KF to pull data from IBP, it is better to schedule those jobs after completion of heuristics. You can use dependencies in jobs so that the CPI jobs are triggered only after completion of heuristics.