cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEM-BCS - parallel consolidation unit hierarchies for legal/management cons

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have not been able to find out how to connect consolidation units to parallell consolidation hierarchies.

We only have company as consolidation unit. I have one consolidation hierarchy for legal consolidation, with a top group and subgroups and all the consolidation units connected to them.

I then created a parallel hierarchy for management consolidation (in the same consolidation area), created a top group and would then like to connect the same consolidation units but in a different way than in to the legal group.

I have read up on SDN, SAP Library etc and as far as I can understand - this should work & is how to create parallel structures for consolidation. I can see both hierarchies in the consolidation monitor as well.

But - when I want to actually connect each consolidation unit, there are no available units in "Nodes not allocated" (since they are already connected to the legal hierarchy). There is problably a very simple answer to how this is done : ) - but if someone could give me a clue, it would be very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kerstin,

Yes, it's possible to have several hierarchies in one data basis and in the same ConsArea. When you build a new hierarchy, create a new node/leaf, give it a code of already existing company, and existing company will be inserted into this node.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eugene - thanks, you posted the answer while I was writing my last comment. That will help me! Thanks again!

Edited by: Kerstin Westlund on Apr 30, 2008 2:32 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

either with special versions:

[|]

or just use 2 Hierarchies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, in fact that is one of the questions I have read while searching for the solution - maybe I´m missing something, but I still don´t see the answer to my question. Am I not supposed to connect consolidation units to the new groups in the new parallel hiearchy? If yes, how is that done technically? If no - then how do you know which units are connected to which group?

I get the idea with parallel structures, what needs to be done in the monitor and what can be skipped etc. My questions is only - how do I connect the companies?? Sorry, might be a stupid question - but I just can´t find out how to do it & can not find that answer when searching...