cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reason Code automatically defaulted in dispute created from FBL5N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Your help would be greatly appreciated here.

We have a situation where ONLY for document type RV (Billing transfer), the reason code is defaulted to "AA" awaiting audit. This happens when I select a particular customer invoice from FBL5N and create a dispute from there. While creation of dispute, it does not ask me for any reason code entry and is not even there as an input field, but when I save this dispute and view it in the corresponding FI document, the reason code gets populated as AA in additional information tab of financial document.

We want to change this reason code from AA to DI but we dont seem to find where to change this.

I have revisited every possible configuration for dispute management and even checked "Define Default Values" in dispute management and we have not mentioned AA as default value anywhere. But we are not able to find it. Note: This is happening only for document type RV and for other doc types no reason code gets updated.

Is there any configuration which I might have missed?

Regards,

Sweta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We got the answer. It was hardcoded in the system. Updated here so that it can help others. Thanks!

former_member214808
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you please share where it was hard coded?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The standard process is for the reason code of the FI-AR document to determine the reason code of the dispute, not the other way around. Any default reason code for a dispute - will be the dispute reason code and not the FI-AR reason code.

I would therefore suggest you look at two possible scenarios

1 - A BAdI is being called - that defaults the FI-AR reason code in.

2 - The reason code "AA" is there for all "RV" documents, and created through some FI substitution or routine in the create Accounting document from billing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I was hoping you would respond to this considering your experience in this. I have checked for substitutions already but there is no such substitution which exists. Our technical team is trying to find out if it is hardcoded but they have not had any clue so far. Some routine would hardly be a case because the accounting document is already existing and after this the dispute is being created. i.e. the dispute is not getting created on the SD side nor it is getting created at the time of transfer of docs from SD to FI. It is purely during FI-Dispute link up after SD part is over. However, I will still tell my technical team to look into it.

Regards,

Sweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are looking at this in Dev - and you can replicate it there I would suggest the following

1 - Remove the reason code "AA" for a single company code so it will error.

2 - Create a dispute case as you were and review the ABAP short dump - ideally it should highlight the BAdI that is being called and how it is valuated.

I would assume the BAdI FDM_AR_DEF_CASE_TYPE is the most likely to be called if applicable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Believe me what you suggested is a brilliant idea and it would have worked if we didnt have limitations on making changes without transport in DE. But I will help my technical team look into this Badi. Thanks!

Regards,

Sweta