Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packaging items from a production order without packing instructions

t_jungesblut
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Community,

We would like to use the transaction COP2 to create Handling Units for the products of a production order. We plan to post the goods receipt from production using the transaction COWBHUWE. When using COP2, it appears that a packing instruction must always be found or specified. Is the use of a packing instruction mandatory in COP2? If so, could a dummy packing instruction be created that allows for the selection and packaging of individual packing materials for each material? Is there perhaps another way to handle packaging items from a production order without packing instructions? (This is without EWM)

Thank you for your insights!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baris_yalcin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, it is also possible to pack maually in transaction COP2 as described in the official documentation. https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_S4HANA_CLOUD/32da8359c8ee4e8b8e8c5e15cacba5aa/2c2fa7ea82c54f0f9795cfc8...

You can delete the packing proposal and pack manually (enter any proper packaging material, etc. ).

Best regards,

Barış Yalçın 

t_jungesblut
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Barış,

thanks for your reply. So far I haven't been able to pack manually. I can enter a proper packaging material, but I can't connect (pack) the main material with the packaging material.
t_jungesblut_0-1719387080312.png

It could work with packaging instructions, but that wouldn't meet the requirement.

t_jungesblut_1-1719387162800.png