Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBP to SAP BW data integration via CI-DS triggered from SAP BW

peter_casper
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I established a successfull backward integration from SAP IBP (cloud) via CI-DS to SAP BW (on prem) which can be triggered directly out of CI-DS. The data gets successfully loaded into the PSA staging table where the integration process ends from a CI-DS view. I am now wondering if it isn't possible to pull the data from BW based on one of the generated info packages in order to control the entire loading process in a semless way, i.e. InfoPackage > DTP > Activation.

I receive the following error message when I execute the generated InfoPackage in SAP BW:

Ex=1 Error when opening an RFC connection (CPIC-CA LL: 'ThSAPOCMINIT', communication rc: CM_ALLOCATE_ FAILURE_RETRY (cmRc=2)).
Message no. RSAR051

Is it generally not possible or do we need to follow a different way?

BR, Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

peter_casper
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

it seems that the practical experience of connecting on prem and cloud systems via more or less inbuilt capabilities is either not so much spread or popular. Nevertheless I would like to share my finding w/ the community also it's quite some work to get it up and running.

SAP Note 2503171 offers a 51 pages "How-to Guide for External Job Scheduling" which actually sketches out the different ways to "orchestrate" jobs. There are also sample JAVA and ABAP codings included which illustrate how an on prem SAP system could trigger and monitor cloud jobs via ODATA services.

Let's see if we can achieve an end to end control w/o an external scheduler.

BR, Peter

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

peter_casper
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the way is rather the other way round, i.e. we are loading data from SAP IBP into SAP BW. But we would like to trigger the data load out of SAP BW and neither via CI-DS or IBP. Now I wondered if this can't be done by an infopackage (either the automatically generated one after the connection between IBP Source and BW target has been set up or a manually created one).

In essence I would like to schedule the entire e2e process chain out of one system and therefore need to trigger CI-DS Jobs out of SAP BW.

Any ideas are welcome.

BR, Peter

ayanbishnu1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In such cases it is recommenmded to use a 3rd party scheduling tool. ControlM is one of the most used tools that can take care of your requirements.

peter_casper
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ayan,

I personally don't think that the effort/costs justify the benefit for this particual use case. As said, the answer is within SAP note 2503171.

BR, Peter

ayanbishnu1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello peter.casper

if your BW system is a traditional non HANA based BW system, then I am afraid that you cant load data directly from any infopackage via CPIDS. You can generate a CSV file out of the infopackage and use that csv file as an input in CPIDS.In case you are using HANA BW then you can create VDM,s for respective dataset and use that VDM as a source in the CPIDS to update data in IBP.Hope this helps