cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWM Packaging control

former_member722016
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts. During the inbound process, we do manual packing. The HU contains only one product and batch. We have a requirement to avoid the user pack more quantity than it is in the packaging specification. They can pack less but never more.

Is there a standard way to manage this? I know we can manage with custom code but I wonder if this can be done just with configuration.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member199911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi llatch

"Is there a standard way to manage this?" -> Use capacity check at pack spec level or pack material and product, enter capacity or max weight or volume or length, its available in product master ...System will throw error and use would not able to pack more...as per your requirement.

Kind Regards,

Ajit

former_member722016
Participant
0 Kudos

I set a maximum weight in the pack spec, however I don't get any waring or error during the packing.

Thanks,

former_member199911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you modify in pack material ... and also update the same pack spec...Please try and test again.

Kind Regards,

Ajit

elhachm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the purpose of using packaging specifications if the packing is done manually without using auto pack ?

Using packaging specification and auto pack, you can use the Min/Target quantity in the pack spec master data to generate the HU with the needed defined levels and quantities.

Regards

former_member722016
Participant
0 Kudos

We are using packspec because one of the storage types is bulk. We are not using auto pack because the packing is done by RFUI. User needs to count and assign a batch during the packing. We want to avoid the user to pack more quantity than the standard pallet for that product.

Thanks,