Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dates (hardcoded as attributes): easiest attribute-based filtering in Fiori

vincentverheyen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

With regards to dates, what is the easiest way to hardcode dates &/or date ranges as attributes? Easiest in terms of later filtering by end-users in Fiori reports? Would it need to be hardcoded as Timestamp; or rather as Integer?

Imagine a simple master data type which would include 2 date-related attributes:

• begin date;
  • end date.

Will either Timestamp or Integer, allow for easy filtering (for example: end user wants to show key figure data for all attributes with a begin or end date between August and September 2022) in Fiori?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

peter_casper
Contributor

Hi Vincent,

I personally would model your date requirement via NVCHAR attributes linked to the respective MDT. For example like:

PRODUCT
.begin (NVCHAR) - 2022-01-01
.end (NVCHAR) - 2022-12-31

This makes it easy to navigate w/in your planning book and also to enable sorting due to yyyy-mm-dd format.
It might seem more appropriate to use timestamp instead but there are actually two main disadvanteges from my pov:

1. Timestamp is formatted like yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss.ms (which is pretty uncomfortable to use)
2. There are limited ways to use timestamp data for further calculations (at least I am not aware of any usefull ones)

BR, Peter

vincentverheyen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have tested and it does not make a difference currently whether or not the dates are represented by integer, navchar, timestamp, decimal attributes). There is no possibility of selecting based on ranges or operators other than include (equals) or exclude (does not equal).

Therefor I have submitted an Improvement Request for SAP IBP here: Filtering (currently only = or ≠) in Attribute-Based Filtering / Planning Filters (ranges, ≥, ...)

Please upvote the improvement request if you find this valuable.

A similar question exist here: Range and wildcard use in Filter | SAP Community

riyazahmed_ca2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

When we are creating the dates as attributes, it is better to use the Time Stamp Data types as it will be helpful in dealing the keyfigure calculations based on dates.

I'm not sure what do you mean by 'later filtering by end-users in Fiori Reports.

Best Regards,

Riyaz

vincentverheyen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

riyazahmed.ca2 I am refering to the Filters in the 'Analytics - Advanced' Fiori app.

riyazahmed_ca2
Contributor
0 Kudos

vincent.verheyen Then use the data type as Time Stamp for all the date attributes.