cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I constrain production for a group of products on another time level?

abarofsoap
Explorer
0 Kudos

Using IBP R/S Time Series Optimizer. (Currently using v2311)
Is there a way to constrain production for a group of products on another time profile level that the optimizer uses?

Ex.
Optimizer runs on daily buckets. The constraint should be stored in calendar weekly buckets.
Product A, B and C runs on several parallel production lines.
IBP should in total only produce max 100pcs per calendar week for both Product A and B.
IBP should in total only produce max 100pcs per calendar week for both Product B and C.
(Note that B belongs to two constraints)

I don't care on what day these 100 are being used and I don't want to dis-aggregate the constraints to daily level.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abarofsoap
Explorer
0 Kudos

I need it to work with 'Time Series' based planning and cannot see how 'Settings for Order based planning' can help with that.
But if there is a solution in there it probably would have meant to change time time level for 'CAPASUPPLY' to weekly,
I still want to keep CAPASUPPLY on a daily level for all other resources,

Any other suggestions?

Have you explored 'Aggregated Constraints' functionality in Time Series Optimizer?

key Figure 'Max Aggregated Production Capacity Usage'.

https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_INTEGRATED_BUSINESS_PLANNING/feae3cea3cc549aaa9d9de7d363a83e6/a57774a7...

abarofsoap
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes, thanks!
This was probably the solution I was looking for, even though Aggregated Constraints is a bit cumbersome to work with.

I also enabled "Use cost key figures for minimum/maximum violations of aggregated constraints for Production Receipts" to make it a bit softer.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Henrik,

You can achieve this by changing the period type of specific key figures (Resource Capacity ) from day to Week in 'Settings for Order based planning' for your Planning Area.

Regards

Gaurav