cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW accelerator on SEM-BCS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

we are currently thinking of implementing the BW accelerator on our SEM-BW environment to speed the reporting. To speed up the processing time of the consolidation we are currently looking in two options:

1. Parallell processing of consolidation tasks

2. Impact of the BWA on the processing of consolidation tasks.

It is for nr 2 that I have a question. Does anyone have experience of the effect a BWA has on the processing of an automatic consolidation task (e.g currency translation, eliminations, validations...)? I know that the tasks query the cubes but not sure it will speed up by having a BWA installed.

KR, Ewald

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the input guys,

True that BWA is expensive, true that you need to watch out with parallel processing and as always it is very important to set the correct preceding task relationships. We also tested query caching and the delta scenario and also that one gave very inpressive results.

I will close this message as no one can really answer my question, I will just wait and see. In some weeks we have the BWA. If you want some feedback at that time feel free to contact me.

KR

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With parallel processing of the BCS monitor it is important to define preceding tasks for task that are dependent on each other to avoid the inconsitencies mentioned by Eugene.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, we did look into the delta scenario and have set it up already. The results were indeed very very good on BW reporting performance. The scenario however has some limitations and we will use the BWA for other BWs as well.

Still no answer to my question, does the BWA improve the performance of automatice consolidation tasks?

KR, Ewald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eugene thx,

1. We are only looking into it. We will do off course a very solid test before using it. But in some areas you can expect some improvements (currency translation seems a good one).

2. We know the prices, and will most probable use for speeding up reporting. Does anyone else have already BWA and knows the impact on processing of consolidation tasks?

KR, ewald

former_member209721
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For SEM-BCS, did you look at the Delta load scenario ?

It's a recommended scenario when you have bad performances for the BCS reporting

And it's free

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. IMHO, it's a bad decision. Parallel execution of some BCS tasks may lead to unpredictabel results.

2. Using BWA, IMHO, should improve the performance of SEM-BCS. Hope you know how expensive BWA is.