Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch change in EWM when the IBD is distributed with wrong batch number

flmarcilio
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to find out a way to change the batch number in EWM - IBD or Whse. task or during the Whse. task confirmation, but the batch field is not changeable.

Any help, I would appreciate.

Best regards,

/Flavio Marcilio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

katrin_kraemer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Flavio,

When the batch number was already entered in the purchase order, EWM will not allow any change. In this case reject is the only option.

When the batch number was entered in the LE delivery or in EWM, it is possible to change it. The system allows the change as long as the item is not packed, not posted goods receipt, no warehouse task exists, and the field control customizing does not prevent the change.
In /SCWM/PRDI first change the field Determin. Ind. next to the batch number on the item form view. Set the value to M and the batch number becomes changeable. In case you need to verify that you got the right field: The technical name of the field is BATCHNO_IND.

Best regards,
Katrin

flmarcilio
Participant
0 Kudos

Brilliant. It worked as expected.

Thank you !

/Flavio Marcilio

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

flmarcilio
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I noticed that one product allows to change the batch, and another doesn´t.The only difference that I found out between both products was the material type and the split valuation control.

So, when I do a test under change mode in the EWM-IBD using a batch without split valuation (valuation type), this field "determin. Ind." is available. However, when I do the same test BUT using a batch with split valuation (valuation type) this field "determin. Ind." is not available for changes anymore.

Is it possible to change the batch with split valuation in the EWM-IBD ? or could have another aspect that I am not aware ?

Best regards,

/Flavio Marcilio

flmarcilio
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Julio,

Thank you for your help. In fact, I was working with 4 options, and according to your answer only “option 4” would work as you said.

Option 1 : In EWM configuration, this field Batch change in Inbound delivery was already “Batch can be changed using external logic”, but the batch field is not changeable even though the IBD is under change mode.

Option 2 : The batch field was already part of “Permitted fields”, but the batch field is still not changeable even though the IBD is under change mode.

Option 3 : Exception code CHBA – batch change during the whse. task confirmation in foreground (maybe this is applicable only for picking), but batch field is not changeable, even though I chose the whse. task confirmation in foreground.

Option 4 : Reject the IBD and create a new IBD in ECC with correct batch again and / or new ECC-IBD without batch information.

Best regards,

/Flavio Marcilio

former_member543347
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Flavio,

That's not possible in standard. I suggest you just confirm the ID with quantity zero and create a new one in ERP with the right batch or without any batch. If the delivery is distributed without any batch number, you can enter a batch later on in EWM.