Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAP Community Downtime Scheduled for This Weekend

SAP SRM - Non MDM Catalog Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Issue: In SRM 7.0 EHP 3 - Plant Driven Procurement Scenario without sourcing:

Using English Language, while creating Catalog SC, we are getting other choices/drop down as per screenshot attached(screenshot - 03.02.2017).When logged in using other language i.e. French, Danish, Germany, it is showing only Austria catalog, screenshot attached (screenshot - 03.02.2017-2)

Analysis:

In SPRO, for the webservice ID, all the language has been activated.

Parameter value SY_LANGU contains all the languages.

Hence, we decided to check this issue from MDM side but the client is not using MDM!!!!!!!!!, and we got the confirmation from Client side.

Now we need experts advice to fix the issue?

Please assist us in solving this high priority issue...

Kindly let me know if you need more information....

Regards,

Arun Prasath Vscreenshot-03022017.jpgscreenshot-03022017-2.jpg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

ivy_li
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Arun,

No matter it is internal catalog or external catalog (third party catalog, and your understanding is correct), they all could be used together with SRM system. The place to maintain the customizing for their links is same as below:
SPRO...>SRM Server=>Master Data=>Content Management=>Define External Web Services

Here you may maintain a lot of catalogs which has their own URL links.
For more information, please come to our troubleshooting guide for catalogs:

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/MIihG

For internal catalog, you have to make sure the version of SRM-MDM catalog is matching with MDM version.
For external catalog, you just need to set up the customizing well in the path.

If you are satisfied with my answer, you may upvote it.

BR,
Ivy

ivy_li
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Arun,

For internal catalog, the URL maintained in the call structure should look like this:

http://<J2EEServerName>:<J2EEServerPort>/SRM-MDM/SRM_MDM

However for external catalog, it has no /SRM-MDM/SRM_MDM in the URL.

BR,
Ivy
ivy_li
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Arun,

You mean you are not using SRM-MDM catalog, right? This is our internal catalog.
It is probable that you are using external catalogs.
Anyway, the screenshot you attached is about the catalog links shown while creating SC, and this should be maintained for users under ppoma_bbp. The attribute for Catalog ID is 'CAT', and you may maintain all the catalog links here.

However for the translation of links, please go to spro path:

SRM Server=>Master Data=>Content Management=>Define External Web Services

Then select one catalog and click details button, then click 'Goto -> Translation' and you could maintain all the descriptions for different languages.
BR,
Ivy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivy,

Thanks for your response.We already checked the below:

select one catalog and click details button, then click 'Goto -> Translation' and you could maintain all the descriptions for different languages.

Descriptions for different languages has already been maintained.

You also said external catalogs?

Do you mean CCM(Catalog Content Management).

If Yes, how we can check it further?

I.E.

How to check how catalogs are uploaded on the SRM, what external catalog techniques is used?

Please elaborate on the same, it will hep us to identify the root cause effectively?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivy,

Your response would be greatly appreciated.Kindly help us in understanding the concept....

Thanks in advance for your understanding...

Regards,

Arun.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivy,

Thanks for the detailed explanation, i have upvoted it.

For instance, if i am using External Catalog and i am an Supplier XYZ and i want my website www.xyz.com(Punch Out Catalog) to appear in SRM Portal

Shall we create an Webservice ID and will give HOOK URL detail as http://<J2EEServerName>:<J2EEServerPort>/www.xyz.com.

Whether it will call the Supplier XYZ website when Buyers searches for Supplier Catalog in SRM Portal after doing the other prerequisite configuration in SRM?

Regards,

Arun.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivy,

Thanks for your continuous support, we appreciate you for spending your valuable time in giving inputs on this issue which is driving us in the right route...

I have following questions in regards to the reported issue:

*In SRM, other than using MDM Software, what are all the possible ways to maintain Catalogs and integrate the same(Like Content Workbench, Catalog Content Management extra)

From your above answer below is my understanding, please correct me if am wrong:

Internal Catalog: http://<J2EEServerName>:<J2EEServerPort>/SRM-MDM/SRM_MDM - Client uses MDM to maintain the catalog.

external catalog, it has no /SRM-MDM/SRM_MDM in the URL - which means Client is not using MDM and they are using some other third party system?

What are all the third party system used in the market which will contain catalog content and will be integrated with SRM to show the Catalogs in Search engine for buyers to place order?

Please help us in understanding the process...

Thanks in advance...

Regards,

Arun.V