Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSN - Go Live Stratefy

S0010900093
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

As there is a Ariba Add on components that needs to be installed into SAP ERP for integration with Ariba DSN, I would like to check whether for cutover to Production in SAP ERP, do you choose to do that after month end closing to minimize any risk? Or there is no risk to do cutover in Production in the middle of the month, i.e. before month end closing?

Thanks.

TS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Prem_Tracz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Thian,

By month-end closing I suppose you understand Accounts Payable clearing up the backlog of invoices by 20ish day of the month?

When it comes to month end closing there is no risk or anything additional you would need to consider because of DSN going live.

If you have Account Payable users heavily involved in your project and involved in communication with suppliers, you will know that AP has very little capacity when dealing with potential issues around month-end. So that may hint you to set your go-live to a different day.

However, usually accounts payable users involvement is low to medium so you should not have such an issue.

When going live you may consider Purchase Orders too (which is something not related to month-end closing really).

If you are moving some open POs to DSN, you may need to have a blackout period where purchasing would try not to create new POs in an old way and try to wait for DSN to be live and send them then.

Or alternatively, all created POs before would be re-posted to DSN as described here:

DSN - Cutover Open PO for Standard Account Supplier

S0010900093
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

Thanks for the confirmation that Ariba Add-On does not have impacts to other SAP ERP modules.

In common practice for a SAP ERP enhancements, it is always good to avoid go live in the middle of the month to minimize any risk that the business could not close the accounts in SAP ERP due to unforeseen risks. I would like to check with other DSN implementations done by other partners who did go live in the middle of the month instead of the usual end of the month.

Thanks.

TS