cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLM e-Sourcing help - How to delete 1M messages in queue?

rdietz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, I have an old version of CLM e-Sourcing. Last week messages stopped processing and now I have 1M in queue causing performance issues. When I go to the "Queued Messages", there is no delete button.

How do I create one in the query? or is there any other way to either delete them or process them? I am a business user with no java or any other coding experience, so I'm not very techy.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

rdietz
Explorer
0 Kudos

I figured it out, it was soooooooo easy. All I did was to determine the Mail Type, then went into Mail Configuration, found the Mail Type, then chose "Delete", instead of "Send". It deleted all the mail messages in queue in matters of minutes. All is good now.

former_member13619
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

'javascript:confirmAndPostUrl(''<%BASE_SERVLET_PATH%><%REQUEST_PAGE_PATH%>,<%REQUEST_PATH_OBJ%>?rqaction=remove_message&objref=' <%+%> RTRIM(CAST(T1.OBJECTID AS CHAR(12))) <%+%> ':300' <%+%> ''',''' <%+%> <%RES_ID(system$system.ui.confirmation.delete)%> <%+%> ''')'

This is the string you need within your query, the <%+%> is the CONCAT.

rdietz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Erik, thank you for this. I "stole" some code from another delete button in another query but I need to tweak it so that it works specifically for my queued messages query. The code is below. Do you know what I need to change?:

CONCAT('javascript:confirmAndPostUrl(''<%BASE_SERVLET_PATH%><%REQUEST_PAGE_PATH%>,<%REQUEST_PATH_OBJ%>?rqaction=remove_dreginfo&objref=', CONCAT(RTRIM(CAST(T1.OBJECTID AS CHAR(12))) , CONCAT( ':562', CONCAT(''',''', CONCAT(<%RES_ID(system$system.ui.confirmation.delete)%>, ''')')))))

The reference to "562" I think is the other table, not Queued Messages table. I dont know what to change this # to.

former_member13619
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

My apologies for the late answer, I was on holiday. This will not work. First of all the rqaction would be remove_message and not remove_dreginfo so you code is wrong to start with. Contact me (erik.rahm@sap.com) and I will help you if still needed.

former_member13619
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

First of all you will need some techy knowledge as the query in CLM e-Sourcing does not allow a delete statement however there are some tricks to do it anyway as I have done already in the past but this is a combination of Java Bean script and SQL.

Most important of all you have to know first what the root cause is of the queued messages not being processed as if you do not resolve this your queue will run full again after you have emptied it and this would not be a permanent solution.

I have been a SAP Sourcing (since v5.0 to v11) consultant for many years so maybe I can help you resolving this issue. You can always contact me so I can help you on your way or you could also open an OSS message at SAP so support can help you finding the root cause if you don't know it yet.