SAP University Alliances China is hosting the second ChinaStudent Dashboard Design Competition 2012 together with SAP Community Network and Technology and Innovation Platform and Business Intelligence Technology China. Through this competition, SAP will provide an insight of the world class Business Intellignce solution and how it helps enterprise to transform the raw data captured into meaningful analysis, and to predict future trends that help drive decisions!
“Analysis of Summer Olympic Games resultsfrom 2000 to 2012, and Result Prediction of 2016 Summer Olympic”. Participants are free to decide what parameters they want to analyze and present on their dashboards, for eg, by country, region, gender, age group, sport or other interesting aspects of the games.
1. Registration closing date: October 19th, 2012
2. Q&A week: October 22nd–26th, 2012
3. Submission deadline: November 16th, 2012
4. Final result: November 23th, 2012
1. Participants: Each team will consist of 2 members from the same institution.
3. Each participant needs to register on the UAC (University Alliances Community) and SCN (SAP Community Network), and each participating team could only submit one entry.
- Please clickhereto be member of SCN or click hereto be member of UAC.
- Please select your profile as “Students” in the “Profession”, fill in your university name in the “Company”, and please mark “University Alliances Community”, ”Business Objects Community” and “SAP Community Network Chinese Newsletter” in the “Newsletters and Communities”.
7. Each team must describe the purpose of the dashboard and the analysis it offers to the viewers.
8. Submission:Please submit both the demo file (swf) and source file (xlf) firstname.lastname@example.org
All submitted materials must be original materials created by the members of the team. If previously published contents are used, the participants will be disqualified from the competition.
1stPrize: 1 team, Tablet PC
2ndPrize: 2 teams, Smart Phone
3rdPrize: 3 teams, MP4 Player
All the six groups winning teams will win the entrance tickets to theSAP TechEd 2012at Shanghai International Convention Center on December 4th and 5th, and the 1stwinning team could present their dashboards on Demo Jam and receive the award from the President of SAP Labs China.
Innovation: Any innovation on flow demonstration and techniques
Techniques: If the participants have mastered the various functions ranging from the elementary to the advanced
Usability: Is the dashboard easy to use? Is thedashboard intuitive and allows the user to quickly understand the information presented? The dashboard provides a friendly and easy-to-use layout. It is easy to locate all of the important dashboard elements to view and interact with the data. The overall design and layout of the dashboard has an attractive, clean and professional appearance.
Data Quality: All of the data in the dashboard are correct and accurate. All the data in the charts are encoded correctly and supports correct and meaningful analysis.