SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant MM42

0 Kudos

Folks

The requirement from the business here is to hide a few screens, tabs & fields from the MM42 transaction, while maintaining article & site data.

This may be done using screen variants in a transaction variant. Do we have a better option other than generating a transaction variant? screen catalog or groups?

Please let me know. Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you check if standard field selection / screen settings customizing is fullfilling your needs?

(SPRO --> Logistics General --> Article Master --> Configuring the Article Master / Field Selection)

Regards
Tobias

0 Kudos

Yea, I copied MM42 to ZMM42 using SE93 and configured it via assign screen sequence menu.

I had to do a transaction variant of ZMM42 again to achieve the customization completely.

But, I wondered in case MM42 can be customized for a particular set of users via the same configuration menu or not

Thanks for your reply

0 Kudos

Well, in above mentioned IMG activity you can assign a screen sequence to users via customizing (--> see IMG "Assign Screen sequences to User/Article Type/Transaction/Industry Sector).

So, from my point of view, it would be possible to create e.g. screen sequence YMM42 and assign it only to a certain group of users.

Regards

Tobias

0 Kudos

I was unable to hide the views on the initial screen using screen sequence. The table control (along with its view entries) are not captured in the way for me to set their hide/unhide display attributes.

I thought the other views on the initial screen can be hidden using the IMG activity only, so did it and rest of the irrelevant buttons/fields are hidden using the transaction variant.

0 Kudos

I mean to say I was unable to hide the views on the initial screen using screen/transaction variant.