SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS-Retail: Consequence of Mapping Stores as DC

former_member198994
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are into SAP Retail Implementation in ECC 6.0. Customer has a scenario, where Customer is selling between the stores.

1. Is it necessary to map the stores as DC with customer and vendor master record?

2. What are other alternatives to get this scenario done?

3. What are the consequences of mapping store as DC with respect to Retail Functionalities (like SAP Retail Store, Assortment list etc.)

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Raja

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the planning and procurement of merchandise is done centrally for all stores then a site will carry a profile of DC.

Stores in Retail act as a point of sale system.

In your aspect u said that cross store selling concept is there.

If the merchandise doesn't cary any value updation it can be done thro. Transfer from one storgare location to another.

so transfers of merchandise from one Sloc to another can be considered.

Thanks.

Prasad

former_member198994
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Prasad,

What happens if there is Selling process between stores? How do I map it?

If I map Store as DC, what kind of affect it has for POS inbound, Outbound and IDOC processing.

regards,

Raja

0 Kudos

dear Raja,

as u asked

1 What happens if there is Selling process between stores? How do I map it?

you can configure it as STO intercompany where stock from one plant is sent to other plant. And hence the quantity and MAP of the stores will get change

2. If I map Store as DC, what kind of affect it has for POS inbound, Outbound and IDOC processing.

there will be no affect on POS / Idoc system

former_member198994
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks all, for your answers it was really helpful.

regards,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I saw your mail regarding IS-Retail 6.0 implementaion. I have one question. We are also planning to up grade to Retail 6.0 version. Now are in Retail business and we are suppling products to our own customers. Regarding that supply we are doing planning based on 12 months historical data having different products. We are doing that planning in Excel sheet.

Now my question is can we map this planning in Retail 6.0 vertion. Is Planning superate module or incorporated in other modules.

Please provide any Planning Retail 6.0 vertion material if you have anything.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Shirtisha