SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deposit on displays components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

does anyone have an idea or experience with the following problem?

I have an article (like yoghurt). This article is delivered with an deposit on the empty of the article. I could use the standard functionality of empties processing.

Now, this article shall be the component of a display. Then I cannot use empties processing because I cannot use multilevel bills of material in Retail.

How can I solve this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Tobias

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tobias, SAP Retail is supposed to manage BOM in structured articles.

Check this help link:

http://allian.uclv.net/saphelp/helpdata/EN/50/94f500470e11d1894a0000e8323352/frameset.htm.

Regards,

Juan Carlos

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tobias, SAP Retail is supposed to manage BOM in structured articles.

Check this help link:

http://allian.uclv.net/saphelp/helpdata/EN/50/94f500470e11d1894a0000e8323352/frameset.htm.

Regards,

Juan Carlos

0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thanks for your reply.

To solve my problem, I need multilevel BOM.

This is not supported by SAP Retail, see "SAP Note 910401 - No multilevel bills of material in Retail".

I'm looking for a workaround or something to solve the issue.

Regards,

Tobias

0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

You cannot do this. A structured article cannot have full products(with tied Empties), it is not possible. I would like to know why do you want to maintain such a constellation? Maybe you can provide an example of what you want to maintain in the system, I can see if there is a possible workaround.

Cheers,

Mughil

0 Kudos

Dear Mughil,

thanks for your reply.

Example:

The vendor delivers yoghurt. The yoghurt is delivered in glasses (with deposit on it). The glass is created as empty.

Additionaly, the yoghurt is delivered in different tastes, e.g. strawberry and lemon. So, I would like to create two articles (maybe variants of a generic article) with an empties BOM to handle the empties (and the deposit). This would work fine.

Now, the vendor also delivers a combination of different tastes, maybe 12 pcs and 6 pcs of lemon yoghurt and 6 pcs of strawberry yoghurt. This would be a display (as structured article) with BOM.

As soon as I would like to use the structure article, I cannot use empties BOM to handle the empties.

I know, that standard functionality doesn't support my problem. So I'm looking for a way to use the display and handle the empties - without e.g. adding them manually to an order.

Regards,

Tobias

t_duyser
Explorer
0 Kudos

More then 10 years later we still face the same issue: displays containing components with tight empties. Does anyone have a suitable workaround other than correcting it afterwards by hand? Since cans with all kinds of drinks are subject to deposit, which are promoted in stores via displays, a better solution is desirable...