SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leading ledger 0L disappears after Funds Management activation

valen-74
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, 

We have implemented EAPS for one Company code and put it in production system. Now we need to implement it for another Company code with its own CO society. We created a new FM area for this purpose. When we try to assign it to Company code, the system shows the error message FI673 ‘You must not change assignment to company code XXXX’. With this issue I have asked to open a ticket with SAP yet.  

Meanwhile, looking for a solution, I deactivated and then activated back Funds Management in IMG activity Public Sector Management -> Funds Management Government -> Basic Settings -> Activate Global Funds Management Functions (PSM-FM).  

These actions caused an error FAGL_LEDGER_CUST023 "Define a leading ledger" in FI, that is supposed to be solved with the Note 1867318 - Leading ledger 0L disappears after Funds Management activation.  

This note says ‘Once the leading ledger is visible again in customizing, the scenarios will have to be assigned manually. The reason is due to the fact that PSM provides new specific scenarios, and customers need to decide which fields will be used once PSM is active and therefore choose the scenarios that better fits their needs’ 

I still have not run the report FMGL_CHANGE_APPL_IN_LEDGER, but here are my doubts.  

When I had activated Global Funds Management Functions by the first time for the first Company Code, Leading ledger 0L had not disappeared. So, we did not have the option to choose a specific scenario. I was surprised about it but did nothing and that is what we have in productive system. 

I suppose that now I ought to assign a new specific scenario for both Company codes.  

My question is how will the posted data in productive system be affected by these changes?  

Will it create some inconsistencies? Have we to do something more to prevent it? 

We are in S4HANA SCORE 101. 

Sorry for the large text, but I want to explain well the situation. 

Thanks in advance, 

Valentyna 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

felixhuether
Explorer

Hi Valentyna, we faced a similar issue during the activation in a testing system and the report fixed it for us. The issue in our case was the subapplication. Please check note 1766739 and check the tables mentioned there if you find inconsistencies. As soon as the inconsistency was fixed the Ledger appeared again and the system seemed to work fine. Best wishes!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

felixhuether
Explorer

Hi Valentyna, we faced a similar issue during the activation in a testing system and the report fixed it for us. The issue in our case was the subapplication. Please check note 1766739 and check the tables mentioned there if you find inconsistencies. As soon as the inconsistency was fixed the Ledger appeared again and the system seemed to work fine. Best wishes!

0 Kudos

Thank you very much!