SAP for Media Discussions
Spark conversations about content creation, audience engagement, and monetization strategies using SAP in the media industry. Join in the discussion!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera problem in mobile development kit (MDK) - Take photos

ayhamz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have an application with a page , inside this page there's action bar item who opens a popover menu when i press on it , in the popover menu there's an option to take a photo but the problem is i can't add an attachment in Action Bar or Popover menu in order to open the camera immediately ,

So the Process is like that : Action Bar Item -> Popover menu "Add Photo , other options " -> Press on "Add Photo" -> "Here i need to add photos but this process is only with attachment and i can't put attachment in this position "

- I don't need to navigate to another page and in it put an attachment , i need to open the camera immediately and take photos right away without navigation because there's no action to open the camera right away and take photos

So anybody got a solution please ?

Thank you .

• SAP Managed Tags:
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

We do not have anything out of the box to capture an image outside of the Attachment Form Cell control.

You can look into if there is a Nativescript plugin that would provide functionality for this but we have not investigated or tested anything in this area.

View solution in original post

• SAP Managed Tags:
4 REPLIES 4

ayhamz
Explorer
0 Kudos

bill.froelich Can you help me here please

• SAP Managed Tags:

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

We do not have anything out of the box to capture an image outside of the Attachment Form Cell control.

You can look into if there is a Nativescript plugin that would provide functionality for this but we have not investigated or tested anything in this area.

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

The thing is i'm not allowed to use any third-party plugin in the app , but i was thinking why there's no "Take Pictures Action to open the camera and take picture " in MDK as there's "Open BarCode Action" , this would be easy to solve all the problems that they're about handling and taking photos right away .

Thank you for your answer .
Best Regards. bill.froelich

• SAP Managed Tags:

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Why not just include the form cell attachment control at the top of the page to allow adding pictures without needing to go to a popover menu?

• SAP Managed Tags: