SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating two Admission Applications for same SC in same academic year based on admission category

former_member182585
Contributor
0 Kudos
164
5 REPLIES 5

0 Kudos
121

Hi Vinod,

how are you planning to create the admission applications ? are they thru the ISR framework or directly in the student file ?

With ISR framework you could treat 2 applications as 2 applicants and depending on your point of conversion from applicant to student, you would have one or two students.

If you are creating applicatons directly in students then it is not possible to create 2 applications for the same program/ same academic year.

Best Regards,

kasi Raaman.R

0 Kudos
121

Hi Kashi,

I am planning to use ISR application for application creations. The requirement is that a single student can apply for same program of study in same academic session twice or may be more. My client is a minority institute which allow preference to minority students along with having a open quota. A student can apply in any quota applicable.

The parameters involves are:

  1. I don't want to duplicate student master data. Its one student only.
  2. Student can provide 5 preferences in an application form providing his preference.
  3. In case student wanted to apply for minority quota AND open quota he has to fill two applications for all 5 SCs indicating his choice. For example CS, ECE, MECH, CHEM and CIVIL in descending order of their preferences. In both cases CS is my number 1 preference.
  4. ISR will create two notifications for each applications, however in-fact I have applied for 5 SCs and that to twice. SO in SLCM, it shall create 10 admission applications wrt 2 Notifications.
  5. Hope I am able to explain it properly. Please suggest.

Regards

Vinod Kumar

0 Kudos
121

Hi Vinod,

Why would you not want to create multiple students record ? these are just intermediate and post admission timeline you would have only one active student record and the others would just be in inactive status.

I am sure there would different set of ppl handling different application and this could help you in handling authorization easily later.

BR,

Kasi    

0 Kudos
121

Hi Kashi,

I am creating only one student record. I want two admission applications to be created for same program of study in same same sessions under different quota. Only one person is handling admission applications. Based on ranks in respective quota admission will be granted.

For example there 100 seats in my computer science course. The college is a minority college, reserve 85% seats for minority category students and remaining 15% will be allotted to general quota students. Being a minority i can apply in minority quota as well as general quota,having two chances.

Regards

Vinod Kumar

0 Kudos
121

Hi Vinod,

I understood the business reason for multiple applicaiton forms.. its clear...

but we need to create 2 students in applied status and have later one student in approved status.

the way SLcM is designed to accept only one application per program for an academic period.

BR,

Kasi