SAP Builders Discussions
Join the discussion -- ask questions and discuss how you and fellow SAP Builders are using SAP Build, SAP Build Apps, SAP Build Process Automation, and SAP Build Work Zone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck in userlane tutorial. Can I skip the step?

Fausto1
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi, I am trying to get into SAP Build for some projects in my team. I am currently stuck on a basic tutorial for invoice approval. I followed the userlane guide until there was one step where I was not able to execute what was required. Think this is an error in the tutorial, but now I am stuck there and can't skip. Anyone had the same problem or ideas on how to continue?
(Concretely the error is in: Chapter 1 - SAP Build Process Automation with Vertical Process Editor; Lesson 2 - Build Automation to Extract Invoice Details; Step 1: Click the "Cog" icon <-- I clicked the Cog I con but the next step does not show)

8 REPLIES 8

Margit_Wagner
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @Fausto1 
Can you  please share the link to the learning materials you are referring to?
Kind regards
Margit

SAP Learning Group - We are here to support you!

0 Kudos

Hello @Margit_Wagner,

So I don't think this was from concrete learning materials. When I am in the SAP Build Lobby there is this button in the lower right corner of my screen like notification button or something and when I click it this guided learning tutorial by userlane starts. I don't think I did something for this button to appear, I think it was just there by default. Might be wrong on this though.

Best regards,

Fausto

Can you provide a screenshot of the button. I don't see anything with guided procedures in the lower right of the SAP Build Lobby. There are some in the bottom of SAP Build Apps but not sure that is what you are referring to.

Can you also provide links?

--------------
See all my blogs and connect with me on Twitter / LinkedIn

0 Kudos

Sure, here is a screenshot with the button and then what appears when I click on it.

For the links as mentioned before I think I just started a trial here and then just followed the first tutorial that appeared. Unfortunately I don't see how to send you a direct link to the tutorial as it just becomes this button with instructions.. 

Margit_Wagner
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @Fausto1
In this case the blog Master the SAP Build Lobby (in 3 minutes) posted in our Technology Blogs by SAP might be helpful.

I will also trigger to move your question to the Technology Q&A board. This is the perfect place for this inquiry: From SAP BTP and ABAP Cloud to SAP NetWeaver and SAP BW - Q&A has you covered with answers to your questions about new technology and legacy systems. 

Our SAP Learning Group shall be used to get answers to questions about our learning journeys, certification preparation, and to reach learning goals.
Kind regards
Margit

Fausto1
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi @Margit_Wagner 

Thank you for your answers. I now found how to get to the tutorial with the error: I get there when I start a free trial here and then just follow the first tutorial that appears.

The same mistake still happens as I described above and it is quite at the beginning and I can't skip past it.

Best regards,
Fausto

Margit_Wagner
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @Fausto1 
at this point I cannot provide any futher support. 

Other members from this SAP Builders group may weigh-in with their own ideas for a solution.

I hope the other experts or peers can chime in on these issues. 
Kind regards
Margit

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The problem also occurs when I do the guided tutorial 😟 I'm sorry you are having this issue. 

Perhaps use a trial account ... following this tutorial to set up trial account and install SAP Build Apps and SAP Build Process Automation: https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/codejam-0-prerequisites.html (just first 3 steps). Also check out this tutorial on setting up SAP Build Process Automation, once you have a trial account:

And then do the following tutorials:

P.S.: This is related to the demoing software, not the underlying SAP Build

--------------
See all my blogs and connect with me on Twitter / LinkedIn