Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suggestion to improve

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am sure many of you might have felt it before, there are redundant question coming from members and moderators and others referring to old existing posts.

why not sap forum's code do it, if at all any user is trying to post a question, sap suggest some questions which were previously posted. Kind of history/sticky memory enabled SAP GUI.

Regards

J@Y

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi

>

> I am sure many of you might have felt it before, there are redundant question coming from members and moderators and others referring to old existing posts.

>

> why not sap forum's code do it, if at all any user is trying to post a question, sap suggest some questions which were previously posted. Kind of history/sticky memory enabled SAP GUI.

>

> Regards

> J@Y

Hi J@Y,

Search before post is coming with one of the next releases. Would have helped with this post too, as that has been suggested and discussed a couple of times before (Sorry, just couldn't resist)

Some more patience and it will be there, Mark.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cool. Thanks Mark.

Indeed this has been suggested many times before (like SMP does, to suggest a search). I am still a bit suspect about the SAPGUI part though? Are you using GET/SET parameters? )

@ Jay: The questions are also a product of the answers, and vis-versa. If we want to maintain a certain level of "expertness"" in the forums, some discipline is required. Personally, I also answer some questions which are easy for me but may seem like a mamoth task to the OP, but try to do it in such a way that they learn to use te search and gain confidence in it. I try to avoid doing it in such a way that they gain the impression of it being okay to load all their thoughts and doubts into SDN without independent thought about it (and search) in advance.

There are also many folks who should simply bugger off and get some basic training first, before joining discussions. Moderators also get tired of moderating this and mentioning the same.

If I may ask, was it Erdem SaS's thread which triggered your thoughts or was the "cherry on the cake" to post your question? =>

Cheers,

Julius

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Mark : Thank you for the information.

@Julius : Great . We atlast got succeded in our long pending discussion.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats a great news. One of the long time wishes coming finally true.

Way to go SDN Happy week end to all...