Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered List not continued!

former_member184396
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am creating a new document under Beta, but I found the Ordered List, once I typed the other information and then went back to click Ordered List, it's starting from No.1  but can't continue the number.   Is there any way to continue ? The only way I have is preset 1, 2, 3, 4,..at beginning then cut and paste each one to my document paragraphs, not smart!!

Thanks,

Michelle..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

caroleighdeneen
Community Administrator
Community Administrator
0 Kudos

Hi Michelle, Thank you so much for checking out beta and sharing your feedback.

I'm trying to replicate your situation, so I started a post similar to what you show above. If I was a few lines down from the last item in my list, and click/tap the number list icon from the editor, it did restart the numbering as you show. But when I positioned my cursor at the end of line 4, after the ddd in your case, and hit enter, I got the next line item numbered with a 5.

Did you try that as well? Or are you looking to be able to have that extra line break between the 4 and the 5?

Thanks for clarifying,

Caroleigh

former_member184396
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,Caroleigh,

My case is as below, once I entered more detail description then the next numbering will not be continued. The Document Editor should always continue last numbering order.

Or, SCN beta could add function feature here, allow us to setup 'Continue numbering' or 'Start Numbering at 1'....etc.

1. aa
  2. bb
  3. cc
  4. dd
  5. ee

detail eeeeeeeeeeeeeee

1. ff
  2. gg
caroleighdeneen
Community Administrator
Community Administrator
0 Kudos

I understand, thank you for clarifying. Similar to the feature MS Word offers with ordered lists. I added your suggestion to our feedback list, you can watch for updates here:

former_member184396
Participant
0 Kudos

Good to have. Thank you.

Answers (0)