cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link BIF to SCN profile?

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It would be really nice to be able to easily find somebody's BIF blog, assuming they've written one. As the list of BIFs gets longer, it gets harder to search. What if there was a standard place to put a link to your blog? We could all agree to put the link in, say, the "Additional info" field that's already there, or if it was considered important enough then maybe there could be a new field dedicated to it.

Thoughts?

Steve.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Done from my side....

I have added the url to my personal URL and I have made it as visible to everyone....

Great Idea....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I will also add my BIF in my personal URL as per Jitendra's idea.

Thanks all.

Regards,

Hari Suseelan

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Or perhaps as an add on to the Short bio field (more member needs to complete these too).

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm, that's good, too. Because it's kind of a bio-blog.

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The short bio field has the same problem I mentioned above with the additional bio field - namely that it isn't presented as a clickable link but simply plain text. The personal URL field is rendered as a clickable link.

Steve.

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe we need a mission to encourage people to fill in the bio fields?

Steve.

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I already have my Short Bio completed, need a Badge now

Regards,

Vivek

former_member181931
Contributor
0 Kudos

We've seriously considered it, Steve, it's just that our user profile fields are not native Jive and we can't track profile completion at the moment. A bit sad, but we have other priorities on our plates so we're leaving it as is for now.
Laure

Former Member
0 Kudos

I always find it amusing that the SCN team work under the same sort of constraints such as time, budget, priorities, etc. like the rest of us in the IT world.  You kind of assume whatever they want for SCN they'd just get so the reality always tickles me.

Cheers,

Gareth.

former_member181931
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yep. I only have my eyes left to cry at the end of a prioritization discussion

Laure

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

+1  great idea

I have added my BIF link against "Personal URL"

Former Member
0 Kudos

I copied your idea .. Done form my side also ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeet,

I have also added the same in my SCN profile... Nice one

BR, Srinivas Salpala

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

nice idea!

There is the field "Personal URL:" in the profile. Maybe we could put it there?

Regards,

Steffi.

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's not a bad idea. I currently use that field for my personal blog. I don't know if anybody has ever followed the link!

I've tried putting the BIF URL in the "Additional Info" section and it doesn't appear as a live link, meaning you'd have to copy and paste it to follow it. Your "Personal URL" suggestion works better - I might switch it...

Steve.

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You'll start a trend!

The only downside is that the looong url is shown instead of a nice text. It would be great, if we could enter that url in a field and it would appear here:

There is the link to the personal SCN blog (if you have one) and since the BIF is kind of standardized this would be a great place for the link to it, too. Here the name of the blog could be shown or the same text for everyone like "BIF blog".

Just some brainstorming. As I like to say: maybe put in on Idea Place?

Regards,

Steffi.

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did originally think of Idea Place (you're influence, I'm sure ), but if there's an existing place we can all use we don't need a new idea, so thought I'd start here instead.

So Steffi, are you going to add your BIF as your Personal URL?

Steve.

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I already did, but your question made me realize I had it on "just for my eyes" in the privacy preferences. *g*

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's better - I can see it now!

Former Member
0 Kudos

LoL. Same here

Some of the defaults are a bit funny for someone, who doesn't read the manual unless something is actually on fire.

former_member181931
Contributor
0 Kudos

Steve Rumsby wrote:

That's not a bad idea. I currently use that field for my personal blog. I don't know if anybody has ever followed the link!

I have! 😉 As you can imagine I do a background check on all future SCN MoMs!

Just kidding. A bit 😉

Laure

Message was edited by: Laure Cetin