Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAP Community Downtime Scheduled for This Weekend

Z-tcode creation for CJ8G

mohammedrahman4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All, 

I am trying to create a Z-t-code together with a variant for t-code CJ8G . My requirement is that when I run the new Z-Tcode the  variant should be defaulted in the input screen of the said Z-tcode. Can anyone please through some light how can I create the Z-tcode with the variant ?

Thanking you very much .

Mehbub

Ken_Melching
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Please change your tag to ABAP Development. also, refer to this previous posting: https://community.sap.com/t5/application-development-discussions/z-tcode-for-standard-sap-program/m-...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mohammedrahman4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply . In PS module, first we need to create transaction variant for t-code CJ8G and then ABAP team create Z-t-code . Now the issue is that I have created transaction variant & ABAP team has created Z-tcode but when I am running Z-tcode , the variant is not getting defaulted . I have around 50 company code . Client requirement is to run t-code CJ8G for project settlement for multiple company code at one go . It is very time consuming to run CJ8G t-code  for one by one company code . So, need to create variant for region wise company code .  (Say one variant for 10 company code )  . 

How can I address this issue ? Please throw some light on this .

Best Regards 

Mohammed 

Ken_Melching
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Why do you need a Z t-code? Have you tried creating a batch job with steps? You could have 50 steps each calling one of the 50 selection variants which equate to each company code.
mohammedrahman4
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Ken , Actually there is no specific interval to run CJ8G . Business want to run in foreground whenever needed . Supposing with 5 company code , we will create one selection variant . Now we want to assign one Z-tcode to this variant . Whenever user run this Z-tcode , variant should be defaulted . This is the requirement .
mohammedrahman4
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi , If we run settlement in background , there may be some error . How do we find them ? Do we need to manually check ?
Ken_Melching
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Background jobs will write a log with all messages.

Answers (0)