Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to consume materials in order POD for process industry use case

Mahalakshmi1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to implement the best practice of DMC process industry.in the last step when i try to execute the POD, i am unable to consume the material as the consume button is disabled. i sent the floor stock (inventory) using a MIGO transaction from ERP but it fails in DMC with a BAPI authorization error. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Mahalakshmi.S

0 Kudos

Hi,

It is really weird to hear that Consume button is disabled.

Can you provide a screenshot evidence of that?

In any case, things you can check are:

- Make sure your user has proper roles: The role templates Manufacturing_Admin, Production_Supervisor, Production_Operator, and Production_Engineer have authorization to the Order POD.

- Make sure your user has the Work Center assigned in Manage User Assignments app.

Regarding inventory BAPI Authorization error.

Can you provide more details about the error message itself and perhaps some screenshot evidence?

- Have you sent the Materials to DMC beforehand, via DRF and MATMAS?

- Have you created Storage locations in Manage Storage Locations app?

- Try using MIGO to post a 311 goods movement to DMC.

- Make sure your DRF setup is fine and INVCON03 is being sent.

- Make sure collaboration link COLLABORATION_BATCH_CHARACTERISTICS is mapped to the directive BATCH_CHARACTERISTICS in the Manage Collaboration Links app.

Best Regards,

Manoel

Mahalakshmi1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manoel,

Thanks for your response.

- Make sure your user has proper roles: The role templates Manufacturing_Admin, Production_Supervisor, Production_Operator, and Production_Engineer have authorization to the Order POD.

I have this all these roles

- Make sure your user has the Work Center assigned in Manage User Assignments app.

Yes it is assigned

Regarding inventory BAPI Authorization error.

Can you provide more details about the error message itself and perhaps some screenshot evidence?

when i send the inventory idoc from MIGO, it fails with following error message. what authorization is required for this bapi execution

- Have you sent the Materials to DMC beforehand, via DRF and MATMAS?

I dont have DRF setting enabled however materials are sent

- Have you created Storage locations in Manage Storage Locations app?

yes it exist

- Try using MIGO to post a 311 goods movement to DMC.

as mentioned above, issue is inventory idoc is failing and hence no stock to consume

Make sure collaboration link COLLABORATION_BATCH_CHARACTERISTICS is mapped to the directive BATCH_CHARACTERISTICS in the Manage Collaboration Links app.

Yes , this exist

Mahalakshmi1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i placed the screenshots but not showing up. hence attachingit.dmc-pi-consumption-bapi-error.pngdmc-pi-consumption-collalinks.png

Thanks

Mahalakshmi.S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Hi,

I assume you took this BAPI error screenshot (1993773-dmc-pi-consumption-bapi-error.png) from CPI, right? Or?

Can you please provide screenshot evidence of how the failed inventory message looks like from DMC Integration Message Dashboard app? I assume it is a Inventory Download message type, correct? What is in the Response Payload there?

In any case, in CPI BTP Cockpit you must have created a Destination, so DMC can reach ERP via CPI & Cloud Connector, somewhere around this step: https://help.sap.com/viewer/c86ca4026fae4cb3ba66ed751866175b/latest/en-US/07ccb3ee882a4ae98d28e2225b... .

It seems to me that the user you configured in that Destination does not have enough authorization to run that BAPI.

Therefore, I suggest you review the permissions of the User you are using in CPI Cockpit for the ERP Destination.

Manoel