Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PCo Agent Error with RSLinx

aykutgemici
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

In one of our customers, we use SAP PCo (Version 15.5) to connect with RSLinx OPC Server DA 2.05A.

We set source system's browsing mode to Relative Path as said in the installation document and we can see all the tags in Aliases tab. (If we set browsing mode to Absolute Path, we cannot see any tag in Aliases Tab)

After that, we created an Agent and selected SAP MII Query Server with Port Number 9000 under Servers tab.

Since I will run some PCo Queries in MII side read/write tag values.

When I start this Agent, it turns red with Interrupted icon with the following error message.

"WCF Service is faulted. The configured cache mode is not allowed with Browsing Mode RelativePath"

Is there anyone who faced with this problem?

Or is there anyone who can help us?

Thanx,

Aykut

steve_stubbs
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aykut,

In your Agent Instance configuration, in the Tag Query Tab, check the Cache Settings->Cache Mode. I believe you must set this to Access Using Alias Only if you have created Aliases in the Source System.

Regards, Steve

aykutgemici
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I didn't create any Aliases in the Source System.

For the Cache Mode under Tag Query in Agent Instance, it has the default value as "Access to Cache, to Data Source as Required"

I tried Cache Mode for different options like "Access to Data Source Only" and "Access to Cache Only", but I didn't use "Access Using Aliases Only" because I don't need any aliases in my project.

However, it didn't change anything, I got the same error message in PCo.

"WCF Service is faulted. The configured cache mode is not allowed with Browsing Mode RelativePath"

steve_stubbs
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aykut,

Try browsing for and adding a few Alias tags in the PCo OPC DA Source System. Then set the Cache Mode to Access to Aliases Only, and temporarily set the OPC DA Agent Instance Log Mode to Verbose. Then try browsing tags in MII using this mode, reviewing the PCo log to determine if there are any additional messages that are pertinent to this issue.

If this does not work, then your only option is to try to manually add tags to your MII PCoQuery template action while trying the other Cache Mode settings and determine if PCoQuery can read the tag. Also, while testing, set the PCo Agent Instance Log Mode to Verbose.

Also, since OPC DA has been deprecated by the OPC Foundation, I would also recommend that you ask your customer to evaluate a different OPC Server that supports Allen-Bradley protocols and OPC UA, such as FactoryTalk Linx, or a 3rd Party OPC Server.

Regards, Steve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)