There is a use case for which I am still looking for an answer. Applicable to molding injection machines.
The use case is:
- for better machine utilization, the customer can use 2 molds / machine simultaneously. The second product is not a byproduct and also the factory can run the injection mold machine with a single mold.
- as the result of the process, you will have 2 SFC's. In case 2 of the same molds are used you have the same part number (SKU) as end product, but they may use also 2 molds for 2 different SKU, so you get 2 SKU's after this process.
- Molds may be declared as tools in SAP ME.
- When production order or shopfloor order is created/launched, you do not know how many or which parts are created individually. The shopfloor order is created for each SKU, so you may have 2 orders/machine operation.
- Both parts consume the same raw material. Material consumption is available, so that is not the scope of this question.
- Production planning is not done at machine level, so there is no association between machines and SKU and/or shop orders (production orders).
Suggestions for this use-case are welcome.
There is a feature from the DIMP industry solution, that is available by default in S/4HANA, called Order Combination. With this feature, you can combine one or more operations of multiple orders to be executed together in the same work center. Costs and raw material consumption can be shared between the different operations, according to the produced quantity.
Check below for details: