Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing group field in quality notifications

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear community,

Do you know how the "Purchasing group" field in the quality notifications be made changeable? I see that it is stored in the notification table (QMEL-BKGRP), not a field imported from the PO. So, it should be possible to make it changeable. 

The field is marked for Input everywhere in trs OQFA as far as I can see.

Thank you in advance

Rafael Zaragatzky

View Entire Topic
Nilesh_Bhasare
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rafael Zaragatzky ,

I did my analysis based on Quality notification type Q2 (Complaint against vendor). I can see that field purchasing group is editable in QM02 transaction. Kindly note that initial data based on purchase order is populate in Q. notification screen.

I did test with changing of purchasing group in QM02 screen, for my system - we have not placed any validation for this point hence system is accepting any purchasing group for given purchase order.

You may check this for your end in QM02 and let us know the outcome for the same. In case of any errors , share the screenshots here.

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Thank you for the idea, Nilesh. Here are the results of my check. I created a notification of type Q2 manually and could change the purchasing group then. Then I also created manually a notification of the custom type X2 that we use for vendor defects and the purchasing group was changeable too. The field is only unchangeable in notifications created from results recording for an insp. lot. I need to check with the users how they initiate QN from results recording. I'll be back in this forum.
rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I have seen that the users add defects on the UD screen and this creates the QN. Does it ring a bell? I can't find any setting in the code catalog 9 (defects) that would limit updates to certain fields.