cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to change workcentre in SAP MII (OEE)

radulani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have implemented SAP OEE along with SAP MII.

We have the following scenario-

Once the order is released and it is in MII, there is a chance that the supervisor wants to change the work center of a routing operation due to various reasons. If we change the work center in ECC, it is successful in ECC, it also triggers a new IDOC to MII, however on reaching MII, it is giving the following error-
"Production Order cannot be saved:" in the Queue Monitor-

And in the log viewer, we get the following error message-

Can someone please clarify what exactly is the issue here? Are we missing out on some configuration or as part of the standard MII OEE solution offering, work center change is not allowed in between the production order process?

Please note- this same error is encountered for the orders which are in RELEASE status and have not been started.

Please advise if there is any workaround for this issue. Thanks.

Regards

RD

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check the NetWeaver logs? That should provide some more information why the download failed.

Ideally work center modification is allowed as long as the order is not started in OEE dashboard.

Check the logs and developer trace in NW Logs, and let me know if you find any more specific errors.

Regards,

Anil.

0 Kudos

From the screenshot you have attached, it looks like, the order is already started. Can you check and confirm?

Regards,

Anil.

radulani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

The Order is not started for any operation - it is a completely new order-

Netweaver logs-

Order 0000xxxxxx cannot be processed as changes in the work-center are not allowed for the current status of the order.
at com.sap.xapps.oee.txdata.validators.OrderDispatchValidator.validateChangesIDOC(OrderDispatchValidator.java:146)
at com.sap.xapps.oee.txdata.orderdispatch.OrderIDOCProcessingRoute.validationsForPartialFull

Not sure what is missing here-

0 Kudos

Hi,

Looks like the screenshot you shared it from ERP.

Actually I wanted to know if you have started the order in MII-OEE. I mean in the "OEE Dashboard".

If you see the Operation/Phase is started for the Order, you cannot ideally change the work center.

Please check "Manage Orders" screen in "OEE Dashboard". That should tell if anything started or not.

Regards,

Anil.

0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

Thank you for getting back. The order has not started in MII for any operation and still we are getting this error. The order is only in released state.

I want to understand that is workcenter change capability even allowed in MII OEE? Cause we are not able to overcome this error.

Please let us know your thoughts!

mertturfanda
Explorer
0 Kudos

We have exactly the same requirement and we are getting the same error message while downloading the order IDOC. We didn't start the operation/order in manage orders screen, however after we release the order in OEE/MII (manual or automatic), we can not change or add operation to the order. In OEE order tables the order is set to New status, but in AFKOL table it is set to completed status (orders are released but not started). If we change status in AFKOL table from completed to released, we can get the new order without error from IDOC, but we update database table manually, so it is not reliable.

There are two scenarios we need to configure:

1- the same scenario above (updating work center in an order/operation)

2- adding a new operation to the process order

Can someone help please?

mertturfanda
Explorer
0 Kudos

I see that there are no answers from the experts for this problem.

We need the same scenario in another project. The order has two operations and two phases. (process industry) We create and send the process order to MII, then manually release the first operation only. Even it is started in the OEE dashboard or not, system doesn't allow any work center changes to the second operation.

So the only solution that comes to my mind is (customer doesn't want to split the operations into separate process orders like semi finished goods) to include all of the possible work centers in the same process order. So the order will be sent to all of the work centers and user will start the corresponding operation only and the other operations won't start and will get deleted once the order is deleted after 7 days from the MII system. This is not a best practice or even a good solution but we don't have any other choice since OEE won't allow us to change work center.

I would like to hear better solutions from you if possible of course.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Mahalakshmi1
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

OEE doesnt support the workcenter change as a standard feature. even customizations to achieve this feature would need to touch at the table level though that is not the recommended option.

Thanks

Mahalakshmi Syamsunder

ankit12
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

did you find any solution of the above issue. Same we are facing now.

As per my understanding,

• if Process order is started in OEE (Status is Active)and then they want to change the resource/Operation then it should fail.
  • But if Process order is in New status (Status is NEW)and then they want to change the resource/Operation then it should allow us to change it

Could you please provide some insight and how to overcome of this issue if process order is in new status in OEE.

Regards,
Ankit Gupta

ankit12
Active Participant
0 Kudos

@michael.appleby, could you please help us on this?

mertturfanda
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes, it should be exactly like you described. The release function must be at operation level, so if an operation is not started yet, the work center could be changed. Right now, even the operation is not started yet, system is checking the MPM_AFKOL table which is at order header level.

However i think no one knows or can help at this point unfortunately.