cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import resource and roles from MSP to cProject

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

we are using PPM5.0, we tried to import MSP project to cProject, now we can import the structure and dates in PPM, but we cannot import the resource and roles into PPM, can anyone tell me what configurations or badis do we need to do?

I have also went through below incident but have no help

cProjects-MS Project - import and export of tas... | SCN

thanks

William

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

silvia_kreuzhuber
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi William,

please refer to SAP note 1326709:

1.3.13 Project Roles:

Resources attached to the Microsoft Project are transferred as Project Roles in Project Management. To create a Project Role in Project in Project Management from Microsoft Project, it is necessary to mark a resource in Microsoft Project as Project Role with the Role Type. To do so, please choose any enterprise text field (preferably TEXT3) for resource in MS Project and maintain it with specific non-distributed Role Type staffed by either 'project lead' or 'resource manager via authorization'. Use the Mapping table to map the Enterprise Field to Role Type of Project Management. To get the list of Role Types available in Project Management, please refer Project Management IMG structure. Please note that only the resources with the type "Work" in MS Project are considered while importing them as Project Roles.

1.3.14 Resource Assignments to Project Roles:

You must maintain "Code" field for resource with Employee ID in Resource Sheet of MS Project in order to import them as Resources in Project Management Project.

The Employee ID should have a corresponding Business Partner in Portfolio Management or Project Management. The "Employee" attached to the resource is transferred as a "Resource" attached to the Project Role in Project Management. Please note that every role will contain at most one resource attached to it at the end of Project Import.

Regards,

Silvia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Silvia,

thanks for your reply,

I can export and import the project role, but however, when I assign a employee ID to a role, and assign role to this task, I could not import it in cProject, what happened.

thanks

William