cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in the screen runtime (CG02)

holger_hartung
Contributor

Hello, Does anyone know the problem/solution of an error in the screen runtime when you have more than 9,999 materials (ESTMJ) assigned to a specification?

Thanks and greetings

former_member3035
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Holger,

What's the error! Can you share a screenshot or any error message you are facing!

Thanks

Idrees

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor

Hello Holger

in CG02 you can enhance the "ESTMJ" screen. There is a "user exit" to do so. So in the USer Screen you can show more data

I assume: you are not using this option (which might be one reason of the dump).

Can you confirm this:

a.) if you set up a spec and you start to assign the materials: you are doing it "manually" and not via upload?

b.) now you have a spec with huge amount of materials assigned and you want to assign a new one and you get the dump

Not knowing the EHS release you are using (The SAP ERP Release): i am not aware of any correlated OSS note; as i am pretty sure that you can prepare the same scenario in a "quality" System you should to do so and then start OSS dialog to get help from SAP

I know that many companies use "dummy specs" for GLM purposes... and that there a huge amount of material numbers to be assigned. But never heard about a "dump" in CG02. So this is a new finding. I believe the OSS dialog option will lead to a fast solution

C.B.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Holger

your scenario is "well known" (to use a "dummy spec"). Did you started an OSS dialog regarding the issue?

Some months ago we have as well determined some "strange" CG02 effects. The OSS Dialog here is still ongoing. There exists some error in the maintenance dialog of "composition screen"

I would be interested if SAP has delivered a solution.

In CG54/CG50 after "heavy debug" we have as well identified some "strange logic" implemented by SAP. Here we have accepted this and not started an OSS Dialog. The issue is "indirect" related to your topic. If the "list of materials assigned to a spec" is to "big": then you can not use properly the "material view" in CG54/CG50.

What was a "strange" finding. But we stopped here the investigation

C.B.

holger_hartung
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

very old topic. I developed together with SAP a oss note for solution. Please search for that in marketplace because I don't have the # in mind.

Thx

holger_hartung
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

we have a huge amount of materials where we print via GLM, labels for these. So it is nessesary to link a spec. for these materials where we use dummy spec...

satya11719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Holger ,

I could see this as unrealistic scenarios where single specification assign to 10,000 materials.

I never checked this , but normally if you made any customization in search or Hitlist then it may lead to dump.

But did you assign 10k materials to one specification in your case , are you facing the issue or particular specification or all specs.

Best

Satya

holger_hartung
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

"You go to CG02 -> Click on the Material assignment tab and this dump appears?"

-> Yes, exactly. I assume the reason is, why there are more than 9.999 links between matnr and spec...

holger_hartung
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi m.idrees,

see this please:

former_member3035
Participant
0 Kudos

Seeing this it's a little difficult to provide inputs. (It will be helpful if you share more screenshots - Can you scroll down and share more details of the dump)

You go to CG02 -> Click on the Material assignment tab and this dump appears?