cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Primary Key --- High Priority -- Please help us

Former Member
0 Kudos
79

There is a custom defined table which had two primary keys and then moved the same to production. Since we got some requiremnent we added two more primary keys in the table in development server. We also activated the same in Development server. Now we need to delete the recently added two primary keys. It is a most important custom table. It is not allowing us to delete.

It gives us error message about lot of dependencies and foreign key used in other tables.

Please help us resolve this issue. FULL POINTS WILL BE AWARDED FOR THE SOLUTION. please help us resolve the same. Bottle neck situation.

Regards,

Siddhartha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member214272
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhartha,

http://www.ncsu.edu/it/mirror/mysql/doc/maxdb/en/3c/384c4005a99523e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

If you are not sorting by the primary key ( E.g. using the ORDER BY PRIMARY key ... Instead use ABAP SORT + DELETE ADJACENT DUPLICATES on an internal table, ...

http://www.sap-img.com/abap/performance-tuning-for-data-selection-statement.htm

This links will help you to solve your problem

Thanks

sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Im not an ABAPer but you can discuss this with ABAPer 1st.

Create a new table with required Keys and link it to the objects where you have linked older table.

Now try to delete the table.

Plz make sure you discuss this with ABAPer before taking any action...

Niranjan

Inform About solution if you get any...

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhartha,

You may post this issue in other forum, for example ABAP or Database, where there are more experts in such area. Especially it is a very critical change as I understood.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know exactly which kind of table are you referring to or the exact message your getting, but for example, customizing for Role Functions ID have a similar problem.

You have two options here:

  • Either you change the value in all the objects you created with that ID

  • Archiving all the objects which refer to that value (although if you are on production system, that can be not acceptable)

Hope it helps!

Kind regards,

Neil