cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVD1 entries with DG CL Sub

former_member215519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts, for some of our materials with small packages are not DG, so we additionally assign those materials to a non-regulated DG CL sub as exception for DG logic.

However in this way, since the same material is linked to two specifications, one real sub, one DG CL Sub, it will create two entries in CVD1.

Do you have any idea how to get rid of those entries assigned to DG CL Sub in CVD1?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor

Hello

please read the many "OSS notes" in EHS context (may be 10 of such notes exists) (and most important the OSS note referring to Safety Data Sheet (SDS) distribution process (which is discussed here very often).

In all of these notes (and many other documents) the SAP story is as: make sure that you have a "unique" assignment of material to specification. If this is not the case: in the "game" there is always a a "default function module"; if, by using this default them; you don't get a unique relation: you must generate a customer specific ones;; exchange therefore the fuinction module used by your one onesprepare a coding to generate a "unique" relation and then the process (as designed) will work

The same is true therefore for "SDS distrbution process"; DG management, SVT process, GLM process etc.

So in a nutshelll. Read the OSS note explaining the set up fo "Safety Data Sheet distrbution" process. I believe the story is explained therein

C.B.

former_member215519
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks C.B.

But I still believe it's SAP standard function to assign one material to both real sub (for SDS purpose) and DG_CL_SUB if that special package size is not regulated for DG. Maybe you read this and especially below I quoted here.

Even with this, maybe we still need to do customization logic for report shipping? Just wondering if other companies having the same issue here.

https://help.sap.com/viewer/47b7039ad8c44808aafbedb12029db94/6.18.06/en-US/13d3be532789b44ce10000000...

If you assign the material directly to the dangerous goods classification, this assignment has higher priority.

For the setup of the automatic shipping of material safety data sheets, an environmentally relevant material must be assigned to a real substance that requires a material safety data sheet.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

my explanation was not good enough

1.) yes we allknow the DG standard model, Therefore one material can be assigned to "DG_CL_SUB" and "REAL_SUB"

2.) but e.g. SVT and GLM need "additional" support to consider this fact (customizing, exchange function modules

3.) for report distrbution this is the same; therefore: please read the standard OSS note for that; in this standard note either you will find some hint as: this DG standardmodel is no problem; or like. please exhcnage function moduel "X" by company specific: I have not read the OSS note since months; but story should be explained therein

C.B.

former_member408313
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Besides Ute suggested, I thought you have a user exist which can be used to filter out the specifications which are not required for MSDS.

Thanks and Regards

Jayakumar

0 Kudos

Hello John,

you can solve the issue by assigning property SAP_EHS_0101_001 "MSDS requirement" to the DG_CL_SUB property tree and maintain the char SAP_EHS_0101_001_MSDS_CHECK "Mat. Safety Data Sheet Shipng" with 1 (not required) for the DG_CL_SUB. Make also sure that enviroment parameter

SRE_DS_CHECK_VACLID is set to the equivalent rating (f.i. PUBLIC).

Best regards,

Ute

former_member215519
Participant
0 Kudos

Looks cool! Thanks Ute.

We will have a try for that later.