cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action Applied at Clock-Out to SFCs in Work

0 Kudos

Regarding the labor rule "Action Applied at Clock-Out to SFCs in Work", I had an issue setting this behavior to Sign Off. In Supervisor Clock In/Out, I was able to click Labor Off and it seemed to labor off a couple of SFC's.

However, when I clicked Clock Out, it complained that the user was labored on to an SFC with a status of Invalid. The SFC it mentioned was an Inventory Id, not an SFC. To be able to clock this user out, I needed to change the rule to Labor Off, then I could clock them out.

The documentation doesn't have any reference to Labor Off setting or how each setting differs. In my case, it would ideally do both SFC sign off and labor off, however, the Sign Off setting throws this error at clock out.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

"Action Applied at Clock-Out" can be triggered both at manual Clock-Out and at automatic Clock-Out if turned on for the shift end. But it should do the same, as selected: Labor Off or Signoff. Labor Off will keep the SFC in work, whereas Signoff will trigger Labor Off and additionally move the SFC back in queue. So, I believe the mentioned Notes are related to your case, though of course there might be some differences.

Regards,

Sergiy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

I guess your expectation are in line with the system design. It sounds similar to old SAP Notes 1966111, 2444967, 2446804.

In particular, the issue looks related to the recent fix of SAP Note 3038041. If you confirm that the latest patch from this Note does not help, please submit a support ticket.

However, I'm not sure how you were able to labor on against Inventory ID. These is no such functionality in SAP ME. Maybe this part needs additional investigation.

Regards,

Sergiy

0 Kudos

Sergiy,

I'm not sure that note applies to this situation. We don't have Automatic Clock Out at Shift End enabled. This error came up in our QA environment and we're not using inventory id's in production any longer. Also, I'm switching Action Applied at Clock-Out to SFCs in Work to Labor Off, so I doubt we'll get this exact error again.

One point, though. It would be handy to have an option to both labor off and sign off open SFC's, unless the sign off currently also labors off. In any case, the labor tracking user guide and the online help do not mention anything about the labor off option.

Thanks,

Barry