What options are there to display complex calculations in CP/EC, e.g. add up amounts (pay components/pay component groups), multiply by percentages, add conditions if necessary in CP/EC?
As in really show it on X + Y level or show fields that show the output (as for the X+Y stuff that might be challenging, I'd rather put that in the label what is being added, deducted etc.)?
As it's a generic question I can only generically name some stuff.
- Split fields with outputs and inputs in a portlet and use business rules to calculate stuff (which then really gives a lot of options to select data and divide/multiple/add/deduct etc. it)
- Use Pay component groups to apply frequencies to present amounts and to get a grand total of that
- Use standard fields (i.e. time in postion, range penetration, compa-ratio etc.)
- You could also manually insert stuff from a calculation or have integration center/a report do the calculation and write it somewhere
CP (I reckon this means Comp?)
- Bonus calculation already gives various options to calculate a bonus varying from a formula to set pay components (potentially even at a given point in time)
- Guidelines in a way calculate too as they apply it based on the salary
- Formula's provide various ways to calculate stuff (not just adding/deducting etc., but also lookups for instance)