cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Custom Roles to control content access for users in SAP Enable Now (SEN)

AngadJadhav
Participant
0 Kudos

We want to assign SEN Workarea content objects to specific custom roles, as the client wanted to establish role-based restrictions to access content objects in the work area.

To test this, I created two custom roles – Test Role A and Test Role B. Then, I assigned these custom roles to some users in SEN Manager.

Next, I created content assignments as follows:

Example 01:

The content object “Contract Management” needs to be assigned to 2 custom roles – Test Role A and Test Role B. For that, I navigated to the Course tab of this content object, and added two assignments for the same content object - One for Test Role A, and the other for Test Role B. Note that, I did not add the Learner role to the assignments here. See the picture below.

SEN User 03.png

Example 02:

The content object “Requisition Management” needs to be assigned to only 1 custom role – Test Role A. See the picture below.

SEN User 07.png

Next, I asked the specific users (with Test Role A and Test Role B in SEN) to log into SEN Manager and access their Learner View. I could see that the users could see only that content, which I assigned to them. It indicates the access control was successful this way. See the pictures below.

The Leaner View of users with Test Role A. here, the users could see two content objects assigned to them – “Contract Management” and “Requisition Management”.

SEN User 05.png

The Learner View of the Test Role B. Here, the users could see only one content object assigned to them – “Contract Management”.

SEN User 06.png

My Question – Is this the right way to achieve the role-based restrictions to access content in the LEAERNR VIEW of SEN Manager? Is there any other alternative?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)