cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translation Error: Request took too long error

laurenfisher404
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am running into an issue where If I translate a single simulation, I get the below error. It's only happening on a couple of sims.

Has anyone else ran into this issue?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

DirkManuel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hold up. In your screenshot, you are translating Intercompany Supply Chain Interim_English, but your Text Unit - Translation is one level down, in Simulations and QRGs_English. Move it to inside the Intercompany... Group and see if that helps.

(I can't tell if you already have one in there, in which case you may have multiple Translation Units which could also be a problem - especially if it is trying to translate things twice...)

laurenfisher404
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Dirk,

I tried that and it still did not work. We had 2 text units so I deleted on.

I put the simulation in it's own folder and created a text unit and tried again and still got it. I walked through it just now with a SAP Rep and they are assigning the incident to a group in Germany and India and this issue is new to them and when we're translating... it's duplicating things and syncing the resources file and the main course.

DirkManuel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A couple of things to check:

  • You are using the 'defaults' and not your own subscription to SAP Translation Hub? (If you do have a subscription, does that work?)
  • Can you use the dynamic translation at display time feature? (That would check the connection to Translation Hub...).
  • And you did change the server response time settings, and maybe also the browser timeouts?
  • Does it still fail if you are just translating a single Book Page with minimal text on it?
ShaneLipke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Lauren,

I haven't seen that one before so it's not common. Perhaps try translating the Book object on its own and then do the folders and Simulations separately. If that doesn't work, take a look at this KBA to see if that helps to address the timeout issue.

If the issue is still there, raise a ticket using the Component ID KM-SEN-PRO and see if there is a way to modify the timeout value that is causing the error message to display.

Regards
Shane

laurenfisher404
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Shane! I tried that and it still didn't work so I will have the client open up an incident with SAP to look at it. I've noticed we've been having some issues with translating since Release 2305.