Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text to speech voice over

LA0
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Community!

We have downloaded google text to speech voices and we are using them in our demos. However, most of these voices are a little bit robotic and don't sound very human like. I tried to adjust speed/pitch of voices but didn't really solve the problem. Does anyone has an alternative solution for this ? Many thanks to all !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

DirkManuel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, the Google Cloud TtS Wavenet voices are as good as it gets without using a real person. There may be other Text to Speech services that you could use outside of SEN and import the individual files (I have one client doing that) but it is a LOT of extra work.

Again, I personally feel they are more than adequate, and significantly better than the old SAP Tutor voice! I've always had positive feedback from clients, so maybe you just need to temper your people's expectations...

DirkManuel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you mean you 'downloaded' the voices? It is a cloud service; you don't actually 'download' anything. Are you sure you're using the correct thing / correctly? Personally I find the GCTtS voices pretty good - especially the Wavenet voices. Certainly I wouldn't consider them to be 'robotic', and definitely not compared to the built-in Windows voices.

LA0
Participant
0 Kudos

Oh not downloaded, I actually meant purchased the service!

I personally think they're alright, but that's the feedback we've been getting from our users/clients, which is why I was wondering if there are other options anyone know of...