cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script Error Detected in one of the files

justin1995
Explorer

Hi Community,

Would you know what is the possible error of the below screenshot?

DirkManuel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What did the JavaScript Console show? And what were you doing when this appeared? Assuming you are cloud, connecting to the standard SAP-provided SAP Companion Framework, and not using a local (non-connected) copy?

Wallace
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Justin for posting this.
I'm working to get SAP Desktop Assistant active from SEN Cloud and see this after I build my link to the Desktop Assistant content.
Its in my list to chase, but not at the top... And arguably, could be something I miss.
Wallace

Wallace
Active Participant
0 Kudos
da-fail-log-20230127.txt

writing this not to high-jack Justin's post, but perhaps to keep it moving.

Here's my scenario:

SEN Cloud
Want to use pull - have user run a link and start DA listening, then bringing relevant content.

Have (I think) worked through the SEN Desktop Components (Cloud), although not fully clear on registry

Using me as test user initially

Created the link in the file.

Run the link, it opens and wants to download navigator.senl, I download/open it and then get the script error screen Justin has above.

The link I used and the log is in the attached file; seems me putting https here in the text isn't so good...

Grateful for any assistance/guidance, can take a call/screenshare if it helps, and I'm ok to create an incident if needed.

Wallace

DirkManuel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wait, so you're using this link to launch the DA: https://SEN_cloud.sap/wa/SCDSK/~tag/published/group/GR_FA5D9BEDEB84768B/.inav

Try:
https://SEN_cloud.sap/wa/SCDSK/~tag/published/da/DA_xxxxxxxx/.inav
instead, where DA_xxxxxxx is an actual DA group (subtype = SAP Companion) and it has been generated. And check the lesson.js file in the Folder for that object, to make sure it has the content you are expecting in it.

justin1995
Explorer
0 Kudos

Oh, reading your comment here Dirk, solved my error. Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DirkManuel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can't say I've seen that specific error (and I'm in the middle of a bunch of DA development at the moment). If you see this from the outset (i.e. before it even displays any content) the I would double-check that your Index has been generated, contains content (check the lesson.js file in the File System), and has been published.

If you get this error when trying to display content from the DA panel, check that the content you are trying to display has been published. Due to some particularly Germanic logic, the Index will include ALL content under the DA object, regardless of whether this is published or not - and will therefore be listed in the content panel - but then when a Learner tries to display it, they aren't authorized to display draft content so an error is generated (not the one you show above, but it may be related).

If all of that is good, I would do some troubleshooting:

1. Can you launch SAP Companion for Desktop directly from Producer?
  2. Can you launch any/all of the content objects in preview from the Editor?
  3. Are you in Classic Style vs. Modern Style? Does it fail in both?
  4. Are all your Resources up-to-date?

Failing that, wait until May, when the entire thing is going to be re-vamped (again), anyway! 😉

Wallace
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Dirk, for me at least.
I'm still curious about Justin's original post...
Wallace

justin1995
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

Thank you for your comment. Please, check my answer to your questions below (in BOLD):

If all of that is good, I would do some troubleshooting:

1. Can you launch SAP Companion for Desktop directly from Producer? Yes and no error encountered.
  2. Can you launch any/all of the content objects in preview from the Editor? Yes and no error encountered.
  3. Are you in Classic Style vs. Modern Style? Does it fail in both? I'm using the Modern Style. I tried the classic style, but it has the same error.
  4. Are all your Resources up-to-date? I am not sure about this. How can I check if my resources are up-to-date?

Answers (0)