Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Companion Link tile as a lightbox will no longer open

David748
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a Link tile (set to show in a Lightbox) with a news item. It was working but now just shows 'Loading' with the spinning icon.

If I remove the setting for a lightbox, the item opens fine on a new tab.

I have checked all parameters and other link tiles opening in a lightbox are working that have external links (i.e. a web form).

What could be the issue?

Thanks

BartRhoten
Explorer

If you are using Cloud SEN, you may have received an upgrade over the weekend, as we did. Your new Trainer resource (10.7.1) might not selected as default in your workarea. In SEN Manager, locate the new Trainer resource, select it, and click Activate in the upper right corner. Refresh your Companion browser and try again.

DirkManuel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thnaks, Bart. I literally just had a customer reporting a problem that this fixed (Screen always saying "Loading content. Please wait" forever). Strange as my instance updated OK and set the new trainer as the active one.

David748
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk, I appear to have a further issue with the Trainer update. I Activated the latest trainer version, this fixed the Lightbox Link Tiles loading issue as stated,

However my Books are now loading with a new view, they show the contents list(each page) but the pages are blank. So I reverted to a previous trainer and the Books are now working correctly but now back with the initial issue of the Lightbox Link Tiles not loading.

Can you please help?

Thanks David

BartRhoten
Explorer
0 Kudos

From another post in a consultant Jam site today; maybe this will help.

There is still a way to get the default trainer behavior back:

1. Go to the trainer resource of your extended Workarea and fetch it --> trainer from the connected workarea is copied and used as local trainer 2. Start editing the trainer 3. Open "Import Archive" drop down and select "Revert Resources" 4. Scroll down, check the trainer 10.7.1/2472 in that tree and click OK--> local trainer from connected Workarea is overwritten by our default trainer

6. Publish and Finish Editing

BartRhoten
Explorer
0 Kudos

Also from another post:
Some additional words for better understanding. The connected SAP standard content for S/4 or SF is using an modified trainer, which plays books inside a library. That is a known behavior and by concept.

If you want force the bookpage player usage you can use a parameter as suffix for the published URL. player=bookreader

Or you can overwrite the connected trainer with a local one, like Timo described.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

David748
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Bart, got it. Did you receive notification of the upgrade? Kind regards David

BartRhoten
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes I was waiting for it but did not expect this particular undocumented feature 😉