cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replaced quizzes with page questions and now SCORM won't complete

vbarnes
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi team. I have replaced quizzes with page questions in three courses, after the client decided they didn't want formal assessments completed. After deleting the quiz projects and adding the new page questions, I've uploaded the SCORM 1.2 to SuccessFactors but the courses will not mark as complete when the browser window is closed. I've successfully loaded SCORM of other courses that did not have quiz projects and they have all completed in SF as expected.

The only difference between the courses that don't complete and those that do complete correctly is those that don't all originally had quiz projects that have now been removed.

Is there a setting somewhere that only relates to a course that includes a quiz project that needs to be manually configured after removing the quiz project?

Thanks for any support you can provide.

Vanessa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

vbarnes
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've still be faced with issues having completion tracked correctly. I seem to have found the main issue and I'm hoping to get some help.

The problem definitely relates to courses that have 'intersections' which means a Learner will only complete the pathway that relates to their role and therefore won't 'complete' every page in the course.

Is there any setting that enables me to mark a course complete by clicking a button on the end page and completion is tracked even if not all pages have been completed?

DirkManuel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The issue I usually see is that users aren't 'completing' the last page (or screen for sims). For reasons best known to SAP, completion for a page is recorded not when you display a page, but when you leave the page (I guess that makes more sense with auto-advance...). And if you don't leave the page by clicking on the 'Next' button and instead just close the browser window, it doesn't record completion for that page. (You can test this yourself by putting Debug Mode on and watching when the completion is sent.)

Best thing to do in this circumstance is make the last page have a 'Complete' or 'Close' button that goes on to the next page (which doesn't exist, so playback will end). I think that's why a lot of courses have a message at the end that says "Click Continue to close the course and record your completion" or something.

Try something like that and see if it helps. That's my thoughts, anyway...

vbarnes
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Dirk. I'll play around with that option and advise of outcome.

vbarnes
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk. So I tried adding a button on the final knowledge check page with the Exit action (adding the Next_Page action does nothing). It works great - when the learner clicks the button, the course closes but completion is still not being recorded in SuccessFactors.

vbarnes
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All. I found what might be an issue. Some of the courses have a learning intersection directly a learner down a route, depending on their role. What that means is a learner will not actually be completing every page in the course because they will be skipping the content that does not relate to them. Is there a setting that I need to change to have a course marked complete even if not every page is completed?

Maggy
Participant

Hey Vanessa,

No I don't think you can skip a page, the only trigger to complete a course (wether all pages were read or not) is to add an exit button at the end of the course. Maybe you can inform the user at the beginning of the course that they should close the course at the end page with the exit-button.

vbarnes
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Anton. Thanks for the response. I've spent all day trying to understand why some courses are marking as complete and others are not. It's a mystery.

I need courses to be marked as complete once the Learner has got through to the last page of the course and then close the browser. If you (or anyone else) can share the settings that I need to have that would be great. My current settings are:

Trainer - Global

Tracking Back End: SCORM 1.2
Manager Detail Tracking: steps

Tracking (SCORM)

Progress and Result Tracking: progress as result
Send Success Status: when completed
Resume Simulation: no
Result Type: Percentage
Score Precision: 2
Bookmark Store: automatic
Allow Restart of Simulations: checked

With these settings, I was able to successfully load 10 out of 14 courses. The remaining 4 courses will not mark as complete.

I've tried changing the Tracking Back End setting to None, but that hasn't made any difference.

Are there any settings at a Book level that could be causing this issue?

Any help would be so appreciated!

Anton_Mavrin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa,

The thing is in the status that SEN book returns when all pages are viewed. It will be always "Completed" with SCORM 1.2 and absence of any tracked content like quiz projects or simulations. Because these entities return also the "Passed" status, that LMS expects to get to complete the course.

In SCORM 2004 4th edition there must be an option to send progress as result in SAP Enable Now, so your book will be Completed AND Passed even when it has only pages.

I also have "modified" version of the trainer resource that returns "Passed" status in SCORM 1.2, I made especially for such case: the course contains only slides (and sims with deactivated tracking), and the customer wants the course to complete/pass after the learner opens all the pages.