cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Translation upload

ronnie_wiseman
Explorer
0 Kudos

I need help with the manual translation in SEN:

We need to translate our Courses into several different languages.

I have exported the XLF files and the DOC files. They have sent them off and got back the translation files in DOC format, but when I go to import the translation files, I just keep getting an error message. "Input call failed with error 0x80020006"

One of my users in the UK was able to do the translation upload, but I can not. Trying to figure out what I am missing.

I tried adding a text unit which one of your document recommends, but I got the same error.

Can you possibly help? Of course, it is critical, everyone's issue is.

ronnie_wiseman
Explorer
0 Kudos

Error also reads Operation failed - 1 error(s)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Harish_Vatsa
Active Contributor

Dear ronnie.wiseman,

Could you kindly confirm that the version of SAP Enable Now you're currently using aligns with the compatibility requirements for the translation files you've received? Utilizing an outdated SEN version might result in compatibility challenges. Additionally, please ensure that you've established text units within SEN for the precise content you intend to translate. It's essential to follow the proper import process within SEN; typically, the "Translation" option should be used for importing the translation files. Lastly, please double-check that your access rights and permissions within your SEN environment are sufficient for executing translation imports.

--

Regards,

ronnie_wiseman
Explorer
0 Kudos

I added the Text Units and had the timeouts added to rigidity as well, and it just hasn't helped. I tried it with and without the Text Units, she is able to load without the Text Units or the timeouts added. We export an XLF to send to the translator company and we get a Word document back. She can upload with no error but it's not her job it's mine. I'm the admin and haven't had this issue with past clients, only here. I'm assuming it's a setting somewhere.

ronnie_wiseman
Explorer
0 Kudos
SAP Enable Now Manager Collaborative content authoring and distribution platform Edition: Cloud

Version: 10.7.4 (Build 3306)

ShaneLipke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ronnie,

Unfortunately, that's not enough detail to be able to able to identify the issue specifically but I would try the following:

1. Have you added the Text Unit of type Translation Information to your content structure to ensure that Enable Now knows where in the content structure the objects are located
2. Do you have editing control of the content structure and content objects that are being updated. You should Start Editing all the objects in the structure before trying to load the updates
3. Are you using a compatible version of Microsoft Word; it must be an installed version and not an online version.

If these items don't fix your issue, please raise a support ticket using Component ID KM-SEN-PRO and get support involved.

Regards
Shane

ronnie_wiseman
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm working on getting authorization to enter a Case

ronnie_wiseman
Explorer
0 Kudos

And thank you all for your input.