cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable Now Producer - Generate Video (un-selected Use Screen-Capture checkbox)

0 Kudos

I was previously able to Generate Video based on a recorded simulation with Presets. Now the preview doesn't load and won't generate video unless I un-check the Use Screen-Capture (Faster) checkbox. Then the preview displays and the video will generate. But it is definitely taking longer than previously. This example is estimated to take almost 4 hours to generate, whereas previously it was 10-20 minutes. Any suggestions on what to troubleshoot? I am using cloud-version and accessing Manager from Google Chrome.

charlenejansen
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Candice, I am also experiencing the same issue that you have. Did you manage to sort out your problem?

If so, please advise what you did to correct the problem.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

shanealipke
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Candace,

I've just generated a video - with the User Screen-Capture (Faster) - checkbox ticked in less than 2 minutes using the same settings that you show in the image; only a slightly smaller screen resolution. The Simulation has 25 steps.

If this is taking 4 hrs, my guess is that one of the following is causing the issue:

1. You Simulation has a lot of steps
2. You have a tonne of audio in the Simulation
3. You are very low on hard drive storage space
4. You have very little free PC memory, i.e. you are running a lot of applications

Something is causing this process to run slow and it's not happening on my machine so I doubt it's the functionality or CODEC. Is it happening for all other Simulations or just this one?

Regards
Shane